Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Business Analyst Summary:
This individual will be focused on eliciting and developing business requirements. They will work closely with the team in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of functional requirements.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Plan for, participate in and lead requirements definition sessions, planning sessions, status meetings, and issue resolution sessions
- Facilitate meetings with client representatives to identify and create functional requirements
- Facilitate meetings with Development Team to document technical design requirements
- Meet with other members of CIS to review completed functional specifications, technical specifications and customizations
- Perform systems analysis and design activities
- Determine and resolve application and program problems
- Assist in the creation and review of test scripts
- Advise and assist other ERP Application Analysts in areas of special knowledge
- Document meeting minutes, action items, and issues as assigned by the project manager
- Escalate priority issues to project managers and/or lead application analysts
- Requires little to no assistance in designing custom applications, interfaces, entity relationship diagrams (ERDs), scripts, and in understanding the corporate enterprise structure and its impact on applications
Business Analyst Experience:
- 3 to 5 + years of experience in performing IT Business Analyst activities including client interviewing, requirements gathering (1-on-1 and leading large workshops), solution review, process improvement, and training.
- 3 years of PeopleSoft Benefits Administration experience and 2+ years of Open Enrollment experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to listen, question, and understand clients' needs relative to enterprise software solutions.
- Experience working in a team environment in which passion, curiosity, and mutual respect are a must.
- Prefer college degree preferably a technical degree (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to work with clients to understand their needs:
- Strong technical writing/documentation preferred
- Functional design ability including screen flows/mockups, data validation
- Soft technical design to include modeling of underlying data structures.
- Ability to communicate with business people in a clear/professional manner.
- Strong ability to work with developers to minimize gaps between business need and technical out come
- Strong ability to interface directly with developers and hardware/systems engineers
- Absolutely must be a team player.
- Ability to manage and prioritize one' s own activities with competing internal and client requests.
- Experienced user of: MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and/or similar tools