Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Director Telecom Engineering
12808 Gran Bay Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32258
Director Telecom Engineering
Director Telecom Engineering Position Summary
Director Telecom Engineering Responsibilities
- Oversee the function and availability of the company’ s enterprise-wide voice and telephony infrastructure, with a team of telephony engineers and administrators supporting daily operational requests and longer-term projects.
- Manage team to measurable key-performance indicators and service levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology and business stakeholders to prioritize requests and projects.
- Understand and manage telephony-related expenses and projects with capital expenditures.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with telephony equipment and telecommunications vendors (carriers).
- Manage and support the underlying telephony systems providing services to multiple global call centers and multiple administrative or engineering offices.
- Define and evolve a multi-year roadmap for telephony systems supporting our call center and office networks to keep up with latest technologies aimed at improving speed-to-market while lowering expenses.
- Support 24/7 operations with crisis management, including:
- Hands-on troubleshooting and crisis team leadership.
- Communication to peers and executives with relevant progress updates and resolution steps.
Director Telecom Engineering Required Skills
- Deep understanding of network technologies, including:
- SIP, H.323, SCCP
- Enterprise dialing plans
- Phone number management
- Toll Free Numbers
- Codecs (G.711, G.729)
- SIP trunking, ISDN PRI/BRI, POTS, FAX, eFax
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- CDR analysis and troubleshooting
- Route Plan analysis and troubleshooting
- Configuring all CUCM elements
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (multi-site clusters)
- ICM configuration and scripting
- CVP, call studio
- Finesse Agent Desktop
- Precision Queuing and Skill Groups
- Outbound Option Campaign Manager and Dialer
- APIs for Finesse, Unified Config, Outbound Option
- Routers, Loggers, Peripheral Gateways
- Troubleshooting and debugging all UCCE components
- Cisco RTMT
- Cisco CUBE
- DSP configurations
- SIP debugging
- IP Phones: Cisco, Polycom and Avaya
- Avaya Communications Manager
- Oracle Acme Packet
- SIP debugging and interpretation
- Avaya Harmony Call Recording and Evaluation
- Teleopti Workforce Management
- Networking requirements for voice services
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent crisis management skills.
Director Telecom Engineering Required Experience
- 10+ years of telephony engineering leadership for enterprises with multiple offices and multiple global call centers handling moderately high volumes of inbound calls as well as automated dialer campaigns for outbound calling.
- 5+ years managing capital and operational budgets related to telecommunications expenses, as well as relationships with equipment vendors and telecommunications carriers.
- CCIE level certifications or demonstrable similar experience.
- Undergraduate level bachelors' degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems.