Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Infrastructure Architect - Microsoft Windows Stack
IT Infrastructure Architect (Microsoft stack – Windows Architect / Engineer)
This is a fantastic opportunity with an industry leader! This person will lead the IT architecture design and engineering efforts for a global technology organization.
Windows Infrastructure Architect Description
Responsible for translating business IT needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems, overarching lead for initial rollout of new technology and technical advisor for supporting IT infrastructure for mission critical and secured business applications.
Nature of Contribution - Acknowledged as technical authority within Company and outside company by vendors and peers. Applies thought leadership and provides advice on multiple technologies and shapes the long-term direction of the Enterprise. Contributes through vision and has significant impact on future IT technologies and strategy.
Knowledge - Seeks new knowledge and innovative methods across disciplines. Leverages subject matter/ industry expertise, and applies in-depth knowledge of company goals to contribute to business opportunities. Internal thought-leader on IT infrastructure technologies and member of the vendor negotiation and product selection team.
Analysis and Problem Solving - Uses analytical thought and judgment to solve most complex or unique problems. Develops integrated business solutions across organizations and designs organizational standards for innovation.
Independence - Guided by organization strategy and objectives. Influences organization goals and objectives. Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies, and act as a change leader.
Contribution to IT Technology - Key contributor on Infrastructure services and/or strategies that require complex or advanced conceptualization. Ensures IT services implemented are aligned with business current and expectations. Directs projects of critical importance and works on next generation technologies and platforms. Develop the framework and the supporting infrastructure to build common reusable components for core infrastructure solutions.
Communication - Demonstrated proficiency to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to various levels of management, and technical and non-technical personnel. Builds external alliances and is external technical spokesperson for company for proof of concepts and product evaluations. Champions the execution of decisions based on the company' s mission and values. Engages others to adopt a sense of urgency and problem resolution.
Windows Infrastructure Architect Required Qualifications:
- 15 or more years of both hardware and software technical industry experience in areas of IT enterprise support, consulting services/technical pre-sales and engineering/development
- Demonstrate in-depth hands on understanding and practical experience of designing, installing, configuring and maintaining enterprise computer systems, SANs, networking and datacenter environments.
- Excellence in performance tuning and troubleshooting IT issues
- Implemented interfaces for the integration of software into an existing enterprise computer system environment
- Exceptional ability to solve complex computer system problems and presenting complete professional solutions to Senior IT management, business and customers.
- Adept at quickly learning new technologies and working constantly directly with vendor’ s technical staff to keep updated and educated
- Dedicated to your customer satisfaction and very persistent but also flexible ensuring business goals are achieved
- Acknowledged as technical authority within your company and outside company by vendors and peers (have references)
- Directs projects of critical importance and works on next generation technologies and platforms. Develop the framework and the supporting infrastructure to build common reusable components for core infrastructure solutions.
- Proficient in cost estimates and analysis of vendor presented solutions and conducting analysis of tradeoffs and incorporating any constraints
- Proven experience working with vendor solution architects to design the best solution for IT requirements
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
- Proficient in Systems, Network and Storage architecture (subsystems, interfaces, dependencies)
- Understands IT products and services backward compatibility and future evolvability.
- Mentor new engineers/architects to ensure their compliance with established developed procedures and standards.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, influencing and negotiating
- Interview all IT new hires in the infrastructure team and provide feedback for selection of candidates.
- 10+ years of Microsoft Systems Admin or Engineer experience
- Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012
- VMware ESXi versions 5.0 through 6.0
- Experience using PowerShell heavily in production environment.
- A/D integration with other products for authentication
- Exchange 2010 and above troubleshooting and performance tuning (Preferred)
- Setting up monitoring and alerting Tools for Windows OS and applications (e.g. .Net apps; SQL Server stress points for OS)
- Experience implementing Best practices in Clustering in OSes in VMware and Hyper-V environments
- VMware implementation in heavy loads environments such as transactional Databases
- Enterprise Patch management and security policies for Windows Server Farms (e.g. PCI, SOX, CSI security standards)
- SQL server 2008 and 2012 from the Windows Operating System side with Microsoft Clustering
- Senior Microsoft Windows System Engineer that must possess the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and function in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment, and be team member plus customer-service oriented.
Windows Infrastructure Architect Preferred:
- Symantec Anti-Virus Endpoint Manager
- McAfee Anti-Virus EPO
- Exchange 2007 and 2012
- Lync 2012 / Microsoft Skype for Business
- Citrix version 4.5 to 7.6