Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Linux Engineer Summary:
The Linux Engineer will be a member of the Linux Platform team. This individual will play a key role in maintaining current and new platform architecture, will work on major software and hardware project initiatives and will assist in new technology, vendor, customer environment evaluations, audits and migrations. Compensation structure includes base salary, performance bonus and stock options.
Linux Engineer Responsibilities:
The Linux Engineer will ensure system’ s high availability and maintain provided program SLA’ s. This position will collaborate closely with other technology personnel to develop, migrate and manage services in on-premise data centers. This individual will have additional responsibilities programming at the system / platform level, primarily using Perl.
Linux Engineer Required Experience:
- Proficient with several flavors of Linux
- Engineering background
- Perl SME
Linux Engineer Preferred Experience:
- Shell scripts, Perl, php, Python lua experience preferred
- Knowledge of Apache/Nginx, SAN/NAS, databases, networks, security preferred
- Knowledge of Java and/or C/C++ preferred
- Knowledge of cloud/virtualization, big-data and SOA preferred