Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Middleware Administrator Summary:
The Middleware Administrator will have diverse responsibilities for the implementation, maintenance and support of the Enterprise Portal. The environment consists of a Windows based Internet/Intranet applications and sites, Identity Management and 3rd party applications. The Middleware Administrator will be responsible for the general care, maintenance, support and modification of the Development and QA environments for an intranet portal based on the Oracle Web Center Portal suite of products (Oracle WebCenter Portal, WebCenter Content), as well as other custom and 3rd party Windows-based sites/applications. The Middleware Administrator will also be responsible for source control and configuration management (build automation) for both environments.
Middleware Administrator Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain internet/intranet sites and Oracle Web Center portal instances in development and QA environments
- Manage existing development and QA portal installations, including all security to all objects, such as communities, document directories, and portlets
- Manage installations and configurations of any Oracle WebCenter Content and Document Management implementation or upgrades in Development and QA environments
- Manage portal configuration in Development and QA environments related to any application/system integration, including Identity Management (Symphony Services)
- Manage installations and configurations of any third-party components for Portal or other Intranet/Internet sites and applications
- Participate on, and provide input to, project teams in proper deployment, configuration, and usage of Portal, Identity Management, Identity LifeCycle Management, and other web based products and utilities
- Manage source control and configuration (build automation) for development and QA environments. (Team Foundation Server)
- Subversion experience is a plus
Middleware Administrator Experience:
- Five or more years of experience managing web servers, with IIS 6.0 or higher along with basic knowledge of WebLogic and Apache web servers
- Experience with Oracle Content Management and Document Management systems preferred
- Must have experience developing and administering application build and deployment processes and managing source control (Visual Source Safe and MS Team System preferred)
- Must have experience Administering LDAP directories
- Must have basic understanding of SSL certificates in the Windows Server environment.
- Must have basic understanding of domain name IP address relationship via web server/DNS server configuration
- Customer service and team oriented focus is required
- Ability to work on multiple project efforts at the same time is required