Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
Middleware Team Manager
Middleware Team Manager Job Description:
This person will manage a team of middleware engineers responsible for ongoing middleware operations that provides 24/7 support to our middleware environment. The Middleware Manager manages a team that designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements middleware components, tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of systems. This role will be responsible for managing the operations of the Middleware infrastructure environments and to ensure the operation is in accordance with established procedures and practices. This is accomplished through monitoring performance of middleware applications and coordinating technology deployment and delivery schedules. Additional responsibilities cover the identification of requirements for infrastructure and operations expansion based on current and projected capacity needs and well as the establishment of software and operating system standards.
Middleware Team Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage team members who:
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain internet/intranet IIS sites in Development, QA, and production environments.
- Manage installations and configurations of any Windows or Unix based application upgrades in Development, QA, and production environments.
- Manage source control and configuration (build automation) for Development, QA and production environments.
- Work closely with Application Developers and Enterprise Architects to assist in environmental troubleshooting and configuration of new custom applications.
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure intranet/Internet environments are up to latest code and functionality for various tests such as load testing, user acceptance testing, and regression testing.
- Support project teams to ensure development and QA systems are available for all project work as deemed necessary by Project Manager.
- Participate with and provide input to project teams in proper deployment, configuration, and usage of batch and other web-based products and utilities.
- Prioritize daily work load for administrators
- Ensure monitoring strategies are followed using approved tools and processes
Middleware Team Manager Requirements:
- Must have at least 15 years of experience managing teams who manage web servers, with IIS 6.0 or higher along with basic knowledge of Tomcat and Apache web servers.
- Must have prior Weblogic administration experience.
- Experience performing WebSphere administration is preferred.
- Must have experience managing/implementing Windows Server 2008 or higher.
- Experience with Linux systems preferred, specifically Red Hat version 6 and 7.
- Background with AIX, Solaris, and/or HP/UX Unix systems a plus.
- Background with ServiceNow change management software a plus.
- Background with ColdFusion, Zend server, TALEND and EBS a plus
- Must have experience developing and administering application build and deployment processes and managing source control.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems with basic understanding of Active Directory security integration into Windows Server OS.
- Must have experience Administering LDAP directories.
- Have basic knowledge of setup and maintenance of virtual environment products (VMware preferred).
- Have basic knowledge of Visual Studio.NET Development environment and its interaction with .NET Framework and experience debugging Distributed applications.
- Have experience working with Applications Development team using Microsoft scripting languages (VB script, PowerShell and Windows Scripting Host).
- Must have basic understanding of SSL certificates in the Windows Server environment.
- Must have basic understanding of domain name IP address relationship via web server/DNS server configuration.
- Experience with SQL Server 2005 and 2008 setup and administration is preferred.
- Customer service and team-oriented focus is required.
- Ability to work on multiple project efforts at the same time is required.
- MCSE or MCSA, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Certification preferred.
- Cloud Technology (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Container Concepts (Docker)
- Continuous Integration
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration
- Infrastructure Automation