Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. MICROSOFT WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Troubleshooting Specialist - Lead level)
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
Sr. MICROSOFT WINDOWS SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Troubleshooting Specialist – Lead level)
Team member in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment
- Administer multi-domain Windows infrastructure
- Engineer multiple projects simultaneously
Person will serve as the highest-level troubleshooting specialist in the company to solve complex technical issues that cannot be solved by Tier II and Tier III administration and engineering teams.
Top Skill needs to be able to troubleshoot code within the lowest levels of the Operating System and Infrastructure
- Understanding the System and Network Stack
- Understanding of debug tools and online debugging
- Understand how to read network dumps
- Understand how to read core files
- Understand how to determine driver configuration within the hardware, virtual layer, and operating system
- Understand how to debug scripts
- Determine bottlenecks on the current hardware, virtual layers, and operating system.
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Job Description:
Engineer and manage Windows-based infrastructure solutions, deployments, and upgrades. Troubleshoot technical issues across multiple data centers.
Monitor and maintain Windows server platforms and Active Directory. Build physical and virtual servers and systems according to specifications. Work with Operations, Database Management, and Product Development teams on project deployments and technical resolutions. Participate in a team on-call rotation for Tier 3 technical Windows infrastructure escalation. Perform other job-related responsibilities as required.
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Required Proficiencies:
- Active Directory – Consolidation of Active Directory Forests and domains
- Windows Server: 2016, 2012, 2008
- Windows Infrastructure and Domain Administration: DNS, DHCP, Account Management, Group Policy
- VMware ESX 6.0/6.5
- MS Exchange Engineering and Administration
- Web Server – IIS Administration
- Microsoft Clustering skills – SQL Server AlwaysOn
- System engineering
- Understanding of system architecture: storage solutions, network topologies, security best practice, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Project management (this is not a project manager position)
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Work well both alone or in a team setting
- Bachelor’ s degree in technical field and 5 years of Senior Windows technical experience or a minimum of 7 years of Senior Windows technical experience.
Sr. Windows Systems Engineer Desired Proficiencies:
- PowerShell scripting
- Skype for Business
- Exchange 2013/2010
- Citrix XenApp 7.x / NetScalar / VDI
- Windows VMware clustering
- Enterprise patch management
- Security standards: PCI, SOX, CSI
- SharePoint 2013
- Security certificate management
- Windows domain consolidation