Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Oracle Database DBA
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
Sr. Oracle Database DBA
Amazing opportunity to join one of our top clients as Senior Oracle DBA! This individual will be stepping into an open, collaborative environment and will have the opportunity to apply their expertise to the DBA team.
Sr. Oracle DBA JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary objective of the Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) is to develop and maintain the corporate Oracle databases ensuring data integrity, security, retention, and recoverability of the data.
In this role, the Oracle DBA will design, build, test, and deploy quality database solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology architecture standards and departmental best practices. The Oracle DBA will design and implement database strategies, administer enterprise-wide data architecture, implement complex data structures, and provide daily management of all corporate databases.
The Oracle DBA will create and administer all database objects from design to deployment utilizing subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability.
Specific responsibilities include:
- All aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Proficiency with network troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Responsible for evaluating patch releases from Oracle and patching requests from development, and communicating constraints, issues, and timelines for deployment.
- Change management including maintenance of multiple development, test, QA, and production environments. Responsible for deploying approved changes to production.
- 24x7 rotational on-call support, including driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA), preventative action follow-through, and participation in weekly operations reviews.
- Proactive database monitoring and issue resolution.
- Database and PL/SQL optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
- Actively participate and contribute to projects involving enterprise systems enhancements.
- Implementation and ongoing support of high availability architecture (standby logical/physical clustering, RAC, Veritas, hot standby databases, etc.)
- Participate in project design and Oracle database design decisions. Refine and troubleshoot the design.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation about the database and the data architecture.
- Support of the nightly ETL processing.
- Regular proactive capacity planning and tending reviews of all oracle databases. Producing weekly, monthly management reports.
- Project Estimation process - including attending project kick-offs and design reviews as necessary to appropriately size new environments, recommend infrastructure solutions and deliver associated cost and resource effort estimates.
- Develop and implement Database security policies and procedures, in line with corporate objectives.
Sr. Oracle DBA JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have 7+ years Oracle DBA working experience with Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) or higher certificates on Oracle 10g, 11g or 12c.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced on the different versions of Oracle (10g, 11g, 12c) on multiple operating systems (UNIX, Linux).
- Experienced in Database backup using RMAN with TSM and/or Netbackup, OEM Grid Control, ASM, UNIX/Linux Shell Script, etc.
- Strong skills in PL/SQL, PERL/Unix Shell, tuning and debugging.
- Experience with GRID manager, TOAD, and other Oracle tools.
- Experience with Oracle database replication.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working with high demands and short deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize heavy workload with minimum supervision.
- Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment .
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with development and infrastructure teams in doing database design, changes and enhancement to new and existing applications.
- Support interfaces and back-end integration with applications.
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements and solutions.
Sr. Oracle DBA Not Required, but Preferred Skills:
- Experience in data modeling.
- Understanding of or experience supporting J2EE application.
- Understanding of or experience with virtual environments.
Sr. Oracle DBA Education:
BS/BA degree in a related technical discipline.