Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Technology Support Specialist (Lead Helpdesk/Desktop Support)
430 Commerce Park Dr. Atlanta, GA 30060
Lead Helpdesk / Desktop Support Specialist
Lead Helpdesk / Desktop Support Job Summary:
This position oversees Technology Support operations. Responsible for maintaining end user workstations, peripherals, applications, Operating Systems, and printing solutions. Works with other business units within LGE to maintain efficient operational success. Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures related to Technology Support. Oversees end user software and hardware related helpdesk tickets, after hours support, and other duties as assigned.
Lead Helpdesk / Desktop Support Essential Functions
- Provides superior customer service, takes ownership of problems, brings forward solutions, is driven to improve process and communication both to the customer and to the team members.
- Provides primary help desk support for PCs, peripherals, and software via phone, email, or in-person.
- Installs, upgrades, repairs, and maintains Information Services supported equipment including workstations, printers, fax machines, copiers, and network equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, set-up, patching, and support of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and software applications.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, moving internal VoIP phones, updating the system and troubleshooting phone related problems.
- Provides primary support for company issued smart phones and tablets.
- Researches and assists in contract evaluation for pricing plans and equipment.
- Assists in the procurement of PC hardware and peripherals.
- Work as part of a team on help desk, and act as an escalation point for first level technicians for more complex technical problems
- Coordinate and independently manage small infrastructure projects (e.g., configuring and deploying servers and networking equipment, etc.)
- Contact software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards in support of key IT systems
- Assist with the monitoring, implementation and administration of the IT Security Policies and Procedures that safeguard access to the in-house computer systems, servers, network connections, Internet/Intranet (LGE Portal), e-mail, and the company' s data from unauthorized access, modification or destruction
- Keep IT management informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives. Provides recommendations to establish new and more effective programs and future equipment needs. Suggests network-related procedures and changes.
- Adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements as set forth for our industry.