Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Windows (Cloud) System Engineer
Atlanta, GA 30319
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is an experienced team player, responsible for supporting and maintaining the platforms that deliver consistent, on-demand and ready-to-use infrastructure to our business. The ideal candidate is experienced in compute, network, security, and storage technologies in private, public and hybrid cloud environments, and how they work together to facilitate application delivery and operation.
- Design, deploy, and maintain enterprise infrastructure provisioning solutions.
- Assist with the discovery, capture, reporting and forecasting of cloud infrastructure operating costs.
- Consult with peers, managers and customers to develop technical specifications for solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Ensure that technology implementations are aligned with best practices for architectural, design and other related standards.
- Understand and follow guidelines set by architecture governance regarding the technology standards and strategy for the company.
- Contribute to presentations that are prepared for technology decision makers that persuade, educate and share critical information needed to build consensus and increase common understanding of dynamic infrastructure related matters.
- Continually maintain and increase knowledge and proficiency of cloud infrastructure and infrastructure automation related technologies.
- Liaise with other technical staff to deliver comprehensive designs and planning proposals that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Partner with vendors’ technology experts to understand how their products enhance and improve infrastructure, on premise and in the cloud.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis and reporting.
- Work independently and with teams to deliver solutions as a technical resource assigned to a project or group of projects.
- Other duties as required and/or requested by management.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
- VMWare vSphere/ESX
- VMWare vRealize Operations
- Amazon Web Services
- VMWare NSX
- VMWare VSAN
- Minimum 2 years of progressive IT Engineering experience.
- Demonstrable experience with VMWare technologies such as vSphere, ESX, vCenter, and vRealize, including patching and upgrading.
- Demonstrable Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js, PowerCLI, Powershell, and Ansible.
- Demonstrable experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Demonstrable skills troubleshooting virtual server environments.
- Solid experience with networking technology, especially TCP/IP and virtual networks.
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as VMWare Cloud Orchestrator.
- Experience designing, implementing, managing and protecting enterprise compute resources in virtualized hardware environments, especially VMWare.
- Operating system administration skills, especially process monitoring and shell scripting.
- Knowledge of container management technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of serverless functions such as AWS Lambda and Azure Functions.
- Technical documentation skills, including the use of Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.