Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Windows Engineer
Sr. Windows Engineer
Sr. Windows Engineer Summary:
The Windows Engineer will maintain and support Windows System platforms, connectivity, and related system software. This individual will perform installations, configuration changes, and maintenance of hardware, firmware, operating systems, and software.
Sr. Windows Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support Windows System platforms, connectivity, and related system software.
- Perform installations, configuration changes, and maintenance of hardware, firmware, operating systems, and software.
- Develop and maintain scripted and automated tools for management of the Windows environment.
- Analyze business and user requirements to design and deliver appropriate technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated procedures and technical documentation for system implementation, auditing, and software distribution.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Development, Middleware, DBAs, and Storage.
- Possess strong Presentation and Customer Service Skills
- Participate in system performance tuning and technical troubleshooting sessions as needed.
- Continuously strive to make enhancements to the server environment, processes/procedures, and documentation.
Sr. Windows Engineer Preferred Experience:
- 3 years Working knowledge of MS Exchange 2013 Management and Troubleshooting
- 3 Years Knowledge of Messaging Applications – such as: MS Skype, Esker Fax, CallXpress and MailMarshal
- 3 Years knowledge of Windows Operating System management and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with HP hardware.
- Experience with enterprise storage devices and platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills for effective communication with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, IIS and PowerScript knowledge desired.
- Understanding of Change Control procedures, High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Distributed Systems architectures.
- VMware ESX and SQL Database familiarity considered a strong plus.