Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
AVAYA TELECOM ENGINEER
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
TELECOM ENGINEER JOB INTRODUCTION
The Telecom Engineer role will be responsible for the administration, project planning, and implementation, maintenance and support of the enterprise Telecom environment.
TELECOM ENGINEER ROLE RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide technical support to the telecom infrastructure engineering and telecom infrastructure operations groups.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance, testing, and governance of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’ s existing Telecom architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio. Work with the IT portfolio management to map infrastructure components to business services.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in telecom infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop business relationships to understand the value of the telecom infrastructure to the business.
- Maintain a secure and stable environment through secure administration processes and procedures, and implementation of systems to control the telecom infrastructure landscape.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 10% Travel required.
TELECOM ENGINEER THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited four-year university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years prior job-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and maintain telecom standards and best practices
- Experience in telecom administration and integrating with production systems required.
- In depth knowledge of voice/data design & industry standards
- Strong understanding of Voice over IP quality troubleshooting
- Experience creating and adhering to Service/Operating Level Agreements, systems procedural documentation and design.
- Prior experience working in a medium to large environment (10 or more sites and/or 2000+ users)
- Prior multi-Vendor PBX platform consolidation required.
- Ability to provide tier 2 to tier 3 support for VoIP platforms
- Experience with system administration and support experience for Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager, AES Server, Elite ACD – Advanced vectoring, variables, Call Management System, Utility Server, Verint WFO systems, RMG and Oracle SBC’ s are preferred.
- Experience in deploying call center telephony solutions including CTI screen pop, automatic dialing, advanced IVR call routing and agent state control.