1001 Flagpole Court
Job Number: 1505
The BMET 1 is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on medical devices, AED’ s, defibrillators, vital sign monitors, ventilators and infusion pumps under close supervision. The BMET 1 will also perform all other duties as assigned by the Biomedical supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision, repair, calibrate and maintain all types of medical equipment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot down to board level
- Documentation of all maintenance actions performed and observed
- Maintain and account for all repair inventory parts
- Provide customer and technical to customers
- Associates Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of six month internship in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Valid driver’ s license with a clean record
- Ability to stand for long continuous periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet.
- May engage in some repetitive motion.
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Ability to continuously walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to occasionally sit, climb or balance.
- Ability to continuously lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficient in use of multi-meters, simulators and other diagnostic devices
- General understanding of electrical circuits, mechanics and pneumatics
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with customers
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Following and clearing understand operational rules and procedures