Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Cloud Project Manager (Azure)
1105 Lakewood Parkway Suite 200 Roswell, GA 30009
Cloud Project Manager (Azure)
Cloud Project Manager (Azure) Job Summary:
Our Client is looking for an experienced project manager to manage multiple cross-functional infrastructure initiatives. The ideal candidate would also have experience managing software projects. As a Project Manager in IT Services, you will have the opportunity to work with teams of professionals implementing solutions to support multiple business service lines at our client. These solutions are core to Our Client' s business strategy and will leverage the latest technologies in analytics, cloud computing, engagement team collaboration and knowledge sharing. You will be responsible for engaging with internal clients to advise and shape projects to meet their needs, and then to lead a team to deliver those projects so that they exceed customer expectations.
Our Client' s project managers are accountable for the end-to-end delivery of programs and projects to meet customer needs, and responsible for customer relationships across their span of control. You will work with teams that are geographically dispersed and comprised of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including architects, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers. The project manager is responsible for delivering projects on a global enterprise scale, managing timeline, scope, budget and quality according to our client' s IT project management methodology.
Communications is a key to success. The project manager must have excellent skills in stakeholder relationship management and be able to effectively lead cross-discipline teams made up of both technical and business resources.
Prior hands-on experience building and maintaining such environments is required.
- 10+ years of experience as technical project manager who has extensive experience working in an IT environment
- Demonstrated experience managing projects where Azure environments where designed and stood up
- Demonstrated experience building SharePoint infrastructure in a large enterprise environment
- Strong background in hands-on infrastructure build/support required
- Awareness of information security best practices preferred.
- Experienced and comfortable with Agile methodology
- Must be a self-starter and independent
- The individual must have the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, and summarize & document them clearly.
- The position requires excellent attention to detail, oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision making, analysis, and problem solving skills.
Cloud Project Manager Azure Responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining a detailed project schedule.
- Planning meetings, publishing minutes, following-up on action items.
- Managing scope, schedule, resources changes during the project
- Using internal ticketing systems to track and document progress.
- Issue and risks management, tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating changes with cross-functional business teams, including developers, site reliability engineers and network/system engineers.
Cloud Project Manager Azure Essential Functions of the Job:
- End-to-end delivery of IT Services programs and projects sponsored by one or more business service lines
- Oversee daily management of infrastructure projects including networking, servers, storage, and security located in remote data centers.
- Successfully executing projects to agreed time, scope, budget and quality including developing objectives and plans to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales.
- Performing the project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management ensuring that the required artifacts (e.g. project charter) are delivered and approved appropriately based upon Our Client’ s IT project management methodology
- Planning for, monitoring, and managing change through formal change management processes and stakeholder/customer relationship management including reporting on variances to the approved project baseline and managing the approval or mitigation of these as appropriate
- Managing project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project including performing gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
- Closing the project and formalizing acceptance of the project results ensuring that the benefits realization have been achieved or a formal plan is in place to manage these
- Communicating with project teams, management, customers and stakeholders including implementing and working through defined governance processes.
- Serve as an escalation point for customer concerns if/when they arise
- Identify appropriate resolution to achieve client satisfaction in a timely manner
- Help develop strategy and plan that best leverages firm resources and strategies to meet customer expectations
- Monitor and manage end-to-end delivery of programs and projects sponsored by one or more customer groups to scope, time and budget
- Enforce standard methodologies, processes and tools
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and direction to both customers and project team members
- Provide weekly status reporting for key IT initiatives, deliverables, risk, issues and program financials
- Manage external contracts and suppliers related to a given project
- Provide level four incident and problem management support for enterprise applications deployed to production
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals
- Must be able to identify appropriate product/service offerings to meet the client’ s needs
- Must make decisions, such as prioritize relationships to develop, negotiate with customers and IT teams and overcome obstacles
- Manage multiple teams to deliver project(s) in alignment with customer needs with transparency to IT Services and customer stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage project baseline to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule and managing variances
- Ability to balance both the " science" of how to perform project management and the " art" of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills in leading the team to identify, manage and resolve complex issues, preventing escalations, where possible
- Proactively identify, manage, negotiate and resolve project risks effectively
- Identify challenges and propose meaningful solutions
- Demonstrate, by example, in-depth knowledge of our client' s competency principles and practices, including coaching, learning and mentoring
- Leader and team player – sets example for project managers, business analysts and others to follow
- Create an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment
- Perform business case analysis and create meaningful project estimates
- Operate as an empowering leader with minimal supervision on project delivery
- Contribute to the general knowledgebase of the team, and develop and communicate best practices to facilitate the team' s collective professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven track record of successful delivery of multiple global and/or regional projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects that includes the use of supplier and on-shore / off-shore resources.
- Proven ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, and summarize & document them clearly.
- Track record of customer focus and stakeholder management based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes program/project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Experience in applying IT methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile)
- Experience managing across the full systems development life cycle – initiate and plan, elaborate, design, build, test, deploy, and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Initiates, builds and maintains productive customer relationships
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- IT background and fast learner with an understanding of technology
- Ability to work in a team environment and bring about consensus on contradicting views
- Ability to provide exceptional follow through and be customer-service driven
- Demonstrated ability to work with globally dispersed virtual project teams
- High degree of tolerance for ambiguity in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate and manage up (Executive/Senior Management), down (Project Team), and across (Peer Groups, Stakeholders, etc.)
- Microsoft Office proficient, including MS Project and Visio
- Frequency of Supervisory Contact: Supervisory contact: The Project Manager is expected to conduct regular 1: 1 briefings with the Service Delivery Manager on an on-going and regular basis. Project Managers are expected to conduct effective 1: 1 briefings that provide a high-level overview of project health, accomplishments, issues, action items and guidance/assistance as needed.
- Supervisory communication and managing escalation: Project Managers are expected to synthesize and communicate project and business issues on an on-going basis, manage the Service Delivery Manager’ s awareness of major issues, and help to prevent escalations, where possible.
- Supervising Others: The Project Manager is expected to conduct ongoing, regular 1: 1 meetings with his/her team members and on-going, regular team meetings to communicate project health, accomplishments, issues, action items and guidance/assistance as needed.
- The Project Manager has direct responsibility for the work stream of the project team members, such as business analysts, application engineers, etc., which includes assigning and prioritizing work activities, managing issues and escalations, customer relationship management, performance review, creating a positive, productive team environment, and informal mentoring/coaching activities.
- Empowerment/thought leadership: The Project Manager is empowered to exercise sound judgment and encouraged to make clear decisions on program issues, managing customer relationships, delivering value, providing leadership and guidance to direct reports, and partnering with peer team members.
- National and international travel may be required
- Fluent English speaker
- A degree in Computer Science and/or a business related degree; or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years in a corporate IT environment working with multiple disciplines to deliver projects in line with customer needs
- 10+ years of formal experience in project management for IT solutions (deployment/implementation or infrastructure projects)
- Strong background in hands-on infrastructure build/support required
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
- Work experience in a global enterprise role, preferred
· Project management certification is preferred (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2)
· Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous