1401 North Point Pkwy
West Palm Beach,
Job Category: Director Manager VP Executive C-Level
Job Number: 1495
Director, Planning & Design - West Palm Beach, FL
This is a direct perm opportunity with an industry leader in sunny south Florida! Looking for candidates with a strong understanding of cable, RF, and fiber technologies. Top notch compensation package includes base, bonus, stock, and amazing benefits!
Responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance for the planning and design of broadband communication systems. Develops long-term plans for service expansion and service maintenance. Leads teams of designers to ensure compliant design, cost estimates and overall network documentation. Identifies new service areas and potential new design criteria. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Leads the long range planning of service expansion and service maintenance. Ensures current service level agreements are being met.
- Provides direction and guidance necessary to assure the efficient and cost-effective operation within approved operating and capital budgets.
- Aligns key financial and operational metrics to support achievement of project and company goals.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Prepares capital project and expense proposals. Ensures project expenses are aligned with operating and capital budgets. Monitors and reviews periodic financial statements.
- Collaborates with state and local officials to ensure proper licenses are obtained and projects meet state and local guidelines/requirements. Meets with vendors to coordinate project schedules, negotiate terms and conditions for projects. Develops budget for and allocate appropriate funds for new build, rebuild, upgrade and other construction efforts.
- Develops and implements standards and practices. Implements and coordinates policies and procedures to uphold safety standards and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identifies new service areas through field surveys and coordinates meetings with stakeholders, including developers and customers, to determine infrastructure requirements for services availability.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- Prefer design and planning experience in telecommunications industry