Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
IT Digital Capability Lead (Global Safety and Sustainability)
1400 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Bldg 300 Atlanta, GA 30319
IT DIGITAL CAPABILITY LEAD - GLOBAL SAFETY & SUSTAINABILITY
The IT Digital Capability Lead will have a focus on the areas of Global Safety and Sustainability and is responsible for the overall technology vision, strategy, and roadmap in relation to supporting Global Safety and Sustainability. This role will be responsible to define and drive digital capabilities focusing on Safety and Sustainability performance metrics (and tools), technology and processes to support the Safety Imperatives and Sustainability Programs and Goals.
The role will provide ongoing Digital Safety and Sustainability thought leadership, insights and recommendations for emerging and innovative technologies for both areas. The IT capability lead will partner with the Global Safety and Sustainability Team as well as regional IT business partners to maintain/expand the strategic roadmap and executional plan to build, deploy, and adopt both enterprise and tactical capabilities that are required to bring value to both Safety and Sustainability across the company. Strong strategic consulting and leadership for large, cross boundary and/or First-Of-A-Kind projects within the function are essential.
The role requires understanding of the areas of Sustainability, Quality, Corporate Social Responsibilities, Occupational Safety and Hygiene Performance Standards, and Environmental Performance Standards. The key to success for the IT Capability lead is a broad knowledge of relevant Safety and Sustainability technologies and trends and ability to build compelling communication to leadership regarding how technology will enable Safety and Sustainability Programs within the supply chain. The ability to collaborate with and leverage the greater ITS organization to influence and drive successful delivery of standard solutions, while balancing regional Safety and Sustainability drivers and global direction, will also be key to success in this role. Will work within a global matrix organization and needs to influence and coordinate both regional and global stakeholders.
IT DIGITAL CAPABILITY LEAD KEY INTERFACES
- Executive Safety and Sustainability leaders will be the key stakeholders and the role will work with a matrix team of KC IT delivery team leadership, managed partners, and external software vendors.
- Serves as a fiduciary on behalf of the global Safety and Sustainability Team and IT on the management of ongoing technology investment budget as well as exploration and evaluation of new technologies & partnerships.
- Partner with key Safety and Sustainability stakeholders to develop and maintain the strategic vision and priorities.
- Additionally, this role is a key collaborator with the ITS Engineering and Applications and Data and Analytics delivery teams to ensure successful strategic planning and delivery of Safety and Sustainability Technology.
IT DIGITAL CAPABILITY LEAD KEY FUNCTIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop collaborative digital Safety and Sustainability solutions through strong understanding of Safety and Sustainability processes.
- Strong ability to collaborate with Safety and Sustainability Global Teams to enable digital technology to reach goals and objectives.
- Engage with Global Safety and Sustainability teams to gain insights that drive digital roadmap addressing top Safety and Sustainability concerns.
- Must match or exceed their customers' Safety and Sustainability understanding to develop innovative operational solutions that deliver mutual benefits.
- Anticipate and Respond to key marketplace developments, trends, opportunities or threats & develop digital IT capabilities to proactively address key customer needs related to Safety and Sustainability.
- Customer-focused; keeps customers as a priority when defining digital capabilities, listening to customer feedback and advocating for solutions that help drive improvements.
- Drive simplification and standardization of Safety and Sustainability processes and policies across the regions and bring in operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops recommendations for optimizing performance.
- Accountability to ensure digital products are designed with a macro & connected domain ecosystem in mind.
- Create and communicate the Safety and Sustainability technology strategy and roadmap, including prioritization efforts and milestone reviews to ensure that completion dates coincide with the key stakeholder needs and timing.
- Oversee the adoption and ROI of the technology to ensure that it is driving the intended benefits and value.
- Act as an entrepreneur, performing market and competitive analysis on Safety and Sustainability practices to influence digital innovation that drives value and outcomes .
IT DIGITAL CAPABILITY LEAD KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as Capability Leader for Global Safety and Sustainability to ensure successful planning and delivery of Safety and Sustainability capabilities & programs.
- Oversee and synthesize Safety and Sustainability technology deployment roadmaps and adoption of Safety and Sustainability capabilities & metrics to establish and support the global sustainability strategy for the organization.
- Manage senior stakeholder expectations concerning technology related to Safety and Sustainability and resolve associated problems and issues.
- Be an agile culture champion through mentoring, coaching, and facilitation of projects within Safety and Sustainability domain.
- Build relationship and partner with internal delivery organizations to ensure alignment on successful structure and execution to deliver on domain capabilities.
- Effectively manage both internal and external partnerships on initiatives from concept-to-delivery to ensure that products and roadmap priorities get to market with solutions aligned to vision.
- Present strategies, plans, and risk mitigations to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership on a regular basis.
IT DIGITAL CAPABILITY LEAD EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor' s degree, ideally in Information Systems or a business discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in EHS, Safety and Sustainability Management domain in a manufacturing environment including sustainable sourcing and corporate social responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and other federal and state agencies.
- At least 3 years of Agile or product owner experience.
- Experience with capability/product development, including visioning, road mapping, feature prioritization and go to market strategy.
- Ability to maintain ROI / budget / P&L.
- Ability to coordinate large scale efforts across multiple disparate teams.
- Ability to start up new projects/products from visioning through strategic decision making, funding, and partnering with all ITS to stand up an effective organization to deliver and support the new product.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship-building skills conducive to collaboration at all levels.
- Experience as a change agent at senior levels of the organization.
IT DIGITAL CAPABILITY LEAD CORE COMPETENCIES
- Digital Workplace (Basic)
- Enterprise Agile (Working)
- Product Owner (Working)
- Scrum Master (Basic)
- IT/OT Convergence (Working)
- Functional - Continuous Improvement (Working)
- Leadership - Build Trust and Influencing Others (Working)