Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
IT Procurement Manager
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
IT Procurement Manager
Manages and directs the activities of the IT Procurement including IT outsourcing processes, IT purchasing and IT procurement standards/toolsets. Oversees the daily activities of ordering technology services and products from vendors in the most cost and time efficient manner while managing to customer business outcome expectations over quality deliverables.
- Oversees and directs the IT outsourcing processes, purchasing, and procurement standards/toolsets
- Plans/coordinates work ensuring staff secures the best deals for products and services IT purchases.
- Ensures the goal of purchasing products and services in the most cost and time efficient manner on both new and renewal vendor contracts, purchase requests, feasibility analyses.
- High degree of experience with technology products and services esp. infrastructure, familiar with a variety of the field' s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Reviews current enterprise wide type services and looks to gain synergies and pricing reductions over standards and/or moving to central vendor for common services (e.g. buy vs. lease, desktop/mobile telephony analyses, etc.)
- Partners with the IT Management in the evaluation and selection of vendors as well as the negotiation of purchase contracts or service level agreements with a high degree of expertise in partnering with technology service owners.
- Handles problems with vendors or products as necessary and may serve as a mediator for disputes between IT vendors and IT staff/management.
- Understands the IT budget planning processes, cost allocation processes, and associated financial management standards in order to support an efficient/effective billing process coding costs to appropriate funding sources, aligns to approval processes and posts to correct financial accounts.
- Familiar with a variety of the IT financial management concepts, practices and procedures as it relates to the IT procurement function.
- Performs market analysis to ensure vendor is providing the best overall value
- High degree of experience over the procurement to payment process, analyzing trends, delivering upon change improvement opportunities that prove efficiency gains in processing overhead or financial savings with vendors
- Participate as an integral part of key presentations of IT Financials, vendor analyses, and other deliverables in support of the IT Senior Management team
- Subject matter expert providing key inputs for vendor analysis/scorecards to support IT service owners
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.