Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
IT Program Manager
14 Ingram Blvd Smryna, Tennessee 37086
IT Program Manager
- Organize full cycle delivery of highly distributed IT applications and systems, which includes leadership of cross dependent projects across multiple functional domains and technology platforms.
- Manages all program oversight, including planning, directing, and managing cross-functional team members.
- Partners with IT Leadership Team to ensure that programs are on track and have adequate resources to meet the target dates.
- Works with the leads from the business area to ensure that their requirements/specifications/needs are being documented and represented accurately to IT leadership.
- Manages the Project Managers leading the various projects and sub-projects that are part of the overall program initiative.
- Partners with IT leaders to determine project and program methodologies to be used, and ensure alignment of project artifacts.
- Develops program-level design, strategies, approach, and implementation plans required to achieve necessary business outcomes including Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators.
- Establishes business deployment plans, inclusive of post deployment monitoring and support plans.
- Acts as the central point of program communication and status for program team members, stakeholders, management and executives.
- Identifies, tracks, and manages risks at all engagement levels aligning to Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Dependencies.
- Serves as the escalation point to resolve program issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans and communicate status to program executive leadership team.
- Ensures the sequencing of projects is appropriate at the program level.
- Leads meetings with executive business partners and technology leadership to understand business goals and solutions needs, including participation in business requirements definition.
- Follows established delivery standards to ensure successful project delivery leads to the overall program goals being achieved.
- Documents and monitors program objectives by means of open issue lists, milestone reviews, and launch readiness reviews.
- Oversees and/or provides work direction to other project staff.
Minimum Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 7 years of experience with Program/Project Management experience in a leadership role
- 3 years of IT industry experience as either a developer, analyst, programmer, and or development manager
- 3 years of experience working cross-functionally with product teams, design teams, and software development teams
- 2 years of experience with Agile Project Management
- 5 years of demonstrated experience with increasingly complex software development initiatives
- 2 years of hands-on experience in requirements analysis and technical documentation