IT - Project Manager/Program Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a variety of Enterprise-wide, Global projects and/or agile delivery teams, including programs of interrelated, large, and/or complex projects. For each assigned project, the Project Manager creates and/or manages the creation of detailed project documentation including a charter, project schedule, requirements, functional system design, computer system design, risk and issue log, contingency plans, work flows, quality testing, user acceptance testing, implementation, and budget/cost plans. The Project Manager also facilitates and manages the collaboration of teams of internal associates and/or external contacts for the purpose of completing the project within scope, time, budget, and resource constraints, and is accountable to the Project Management Office for all deliverables. For agile teams, the Project Manager acts as the Scrum Master and is accountable for maintenance and delivery of all the artifacts and ceremonies outlined in the company’ s agile process.
The Project Manager directs, supervises, and governs projects and/or programs per the Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) and company policies and procedures. The Project Manager creates and/or manages the creation of all project documentation and ensures it is in compliance with standard procedures and the documented PMLC.
If assigned, the Project Manager may also be responsible for running an agile delivery team, acting as a Scrum Master. When applying the agile methodology, the Project Manager must conduct the delivery according to the guidelines for the company’ s agile process.
The Project Manager assists in the recruitment of personnel to fill open positions. He/She also assists in the development and continued education of less-experienced Project Managers and actively works toward improving both employee and customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager also actively participates in professional development including internal and external training courses, PMI membership meetings, and project or program management seminars. Active community involvement is highly encouraged.
The Project Manager must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate project status to executive management, product delivery management, and all project stakeholders. The Project Manager also assists in communicating and enforcing PMLC and agile procedures to all stakeholders at any organizational level, and must facilitate/mediate conflict resolution when necessary.
The Project Manager contributes to process improvement, PMLC changes, agile delivery improvements, and development of policies and procedures; the role also assists with communicating procedures throughout the organization.
Supervision of agile or cross-functional project teams is required in this position.
· Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience is required.
· Five to 8 years or more experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and/or experience in managing programs of projects.
· Demonstrated success in large-scale, cross-functional, complex projects where the project budget was managed by the Project Manager.
Running Workday (Peoplesoft, Oracle) HR projects and ITIL projects (i.e. ServiceNow).
Experience in implementing enterprise cloud solutions
Experience as a Scrum Master and use of traditional agile (Scrum) methodologies is required. PMP & Scrum Master certifications are strongly preferred.
Skills & Competencies:
· The Project Manager must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and exhibit the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical associates and stakeholders.
· The Project Manager must be detail-oriented, accurate, well-organized, and experienced in prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
· The individual should also be able to plan and coordinate projects or project programs with complex interdependencies.
· The Project Manager must have excellent team-building, leadership, mentoring, and facilitation skills.To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office computer applications, Microsoft Project and Visio.