Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Nashville, TN 37023
IT Incident Manager Purpose of Job:
The IT Incident Manager manages the process to restore normal IT service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations.
IT Incident Manager Core Responsibilities:
- Ensure the established Incident policies and procedures are performed as documented and monitor and report on any noncompliance issues as well as successes.
- Act as the escalation point for qualifying high impact incidents,
- Facilitate Incident Calls to restore failed IT Service(s) as quickly as possible, using defined escalation paths
- Ensure thorough documentation of events, including timelines and documenting outcomes.
- Accurately auditing Incidents classifications for categorization, prioritization, and related configurations.
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)
- Timely and Accurate handling of Incident status reporting to affected parties leveraging all communications technologies as needed
- Verify resolution with customer and resolve Incidents in ITSM tool
- Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct incident reviews to identify potential problems and/or increasing trend of repetitive Incidents
- Initiate and manage Problem records through the Problem Management lifecycle
- Create Knowledge Article documentation with repeatable procedures
- Support the goals of Incident Service Levels.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the processes " Incident Management" and “ Problem Management” and carries out the respective reporting procedure(s).
- Establish continuous process improvement cycles where the process performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures and supporting technology is reviewed and enhanced where applicable.
IT Incident Manager Education:
- Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ITIL Certification preferred
IT Incident Manager Experience:
Five (5) years’ experience as aTier1/Tier2 Support team leader and/or Incident Analyst combined, or Two (2) years’ experience as an IT Incident Coordinator or IT Incident Manager role.
IT Incident Manager Supervision Exercised:
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
IT Incident Manager SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work requirements:
Some positions may require sufficient strength and coordination for lifting and carrying the weight of computer equipment. May require bending, stooping and/or crawling in order to install or repair computer equipment. May require rotational and shift assignment and may also be required to travel to and work at an alternate location, which may be of state. Position requires work schedules of days or nights to support a 24/7/365 work environment. Individual must be flexible to work as needed, in addition to holidays.
This role requires on-call support
IT Incident Manager Proficiency in:
General understanding of data processing methods
General understanding of Windows, UNIX and LINUX servers
General understanding of database concepts
General understanding of enterprise IT monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Netcool, AppDynamics, etc)
Interpret and create Procedural documentation
Expert level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Personal computer applications
Database and spreadsheet concepts
IT Incident Manager Ability to:
Prioritize competing requests for service
Ability to articulate technical information & conditions using non-technical terms
Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Facilitate conference calls with multiple individuals in a wide range of rolls
Apply new technologies and system changes
Analyze and categorize data and information in order to determine the relationship of the data with reference to established criteria/standards;
Advise and provide interpretation to others on how to apply policies, procedures and standards to specific situations
Exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable criteria
Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge where appropriate
IT Incident Manager Additional Skills:
Must be dependable and accountable for own actions
Possess ability to act upon oral and/or written instruction provided; ability to troubleshoot quickly and accurately; effectively use time management skills
Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance and monitor own work to ensure quality
Must be a team player with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, clients and vendors; able to adapt to changes in the work environment, i.e., managing competing demands, delays or unexpected events
Must be proficient in IT applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications