Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Information Security Architect
5445 Triangle Pkwy Duluth, GA 30092
Role and Responsibilities
Maintain a thorough understanding of the company’ s systems and learn the weaker points of the systems. Recommend ways to improve a system’ s security through both hardware and software. Set up countermeasures that protect the systems when an unauthorized user attempts to gain access to the systems. Role requires staying up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
- Reviewing current systems security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Review and undergo gap analysis of the existing security architecture and make recommendations on improvements
- Plan security architecture changes and help create project management recommendations
- Perform penetration testing on new and existing application architecture
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security standards
- Document security procedures for LANs, WANs, and VPNs
- Estimate cost and budget for security updates
- Troubleshoot and Solve security related issues when assistance is requested from the security technical team
- Mitigate damages during a security incident and respond to threats quickly
- Designing and implementing security solutions for IT on-premises and cloud environments
- Extensive implementation experience with securing relevant technologies (such as Networks, LANs and WANs, Servers & Hosting, Virtualization, Applications, Identity Management, log management etc.)
- A sound understanding of how to model threats & risks as well as the controls necessary to mitigate them, on both an organizational and technical level
- Analyze and triage information and intelligence from multiple threat sources
- Participate in the building, testing, and operation of multiple information security systems and tools
- Develop, communicate and implement technical security standards for different platforms
- Maintain technical security requirements from regulatory bodies such as PCI, SOX, and ISO standards
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
Expert-level understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required certifications: CISSP-ISSAP or GSEC+GCIH+GCIA, CEH
Cyber Security related certification(s) such as: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CREST Technical Security Architect, GSE
Minimum 5 years of proven UNIX, Windows and/or network administration experience, including system hardening. At least 6 years of Security Architect or Security Solutions Consultant including but not limited to vulnerability assessment, intrusion detection, incident response, system audit, and support for compliance audits (e.g. PCI-DSS, SOX, ISO27001).
Must understand and demonstrate following security technology and concepts: File Integrity Monitoring, Firewalls and IPS functionality, server hardening, security incident qualifiers, risk assessment ranking, application security concepts and protocols, network level security concepts, data encryption standards and implementation.
Ideal candidates will be a self-starter, capable of multi-tasking, Work in fast past highly technical environment, with experience in multiple information security disciplines, and the ability to use different security tools.