Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
245 Peachtree Center Ave. NE Marquis One Tower, Suite 2000 (20th flr) Atlanta, GA 30303
The Linux/Unix Administrator provides day-to-day technical support for company production environment and systems. The scope of this position currently includes remote support of Unix servers and environments. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work with users to troubleshoot and solve operational issues, perform and plan the installation of hardware and operating systems.
Linux Engineer Responsibilities
- Applied knowledge in Solaris/Zones, Linux, VMWare, are essential functions of this position.
- Support of other technology departments as it relates to the function of the production environments is necessary.
- The candidate must adhere to set standards, processes and procedures, and participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for the department
Linux Engineer Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in Linux and Solaris (centOS, Red Hat, Solaris sparc and x86 versions 8, 9, 10.)
- 3+ years experience with Dell, SUN, and IBM server hardware preferred (rack and blade servers, blade chassis, etc.)
- Experience scripting to automate tasks using one or more of the following: Bash, SH, Perl.
- Desired experience in applying diagnostic methods to troubleshoot datacenter equipment in a remote fashion.