Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Unix Admin. This role is responsible for recognizing and troubleshooting problems with server hardware and applications software within the Red Hat, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX UNIX environment. The ideal candidate will be able to establish and document standards and procedures for the UNIX Environment. This role requires extensive knowledge of UNIX operating environment and familiarity with shell and kernel programming
- Manage the initiation, planning, execution of Change Control and completion of projects according to strict deadlines and budgets including support for internal custom built applications and Middleware such as IBM Websphere, Coldfusion, PHP, Tivoli Workload Schedular, Sysedge monitoring from IBM Omnibus Netcool Integration, CommVault Galaxy Backup Solutions, Apache Tomcat, as well as securing the systems for PCI compliance and SOX Audit requirements.
Manage Apache Web servers utilizing custom tools to provide user information to security for reporting of associate activity.
- Implement secure solutions by utilizing Open SSL/SSH as well as generating Verisign SSL certificate support for Web based and Secure FTP installations as well as internal signed certs. Constantly addressing reported vulnerabilities and potential exploits with routine patching of OS and related fixes.
Document and reported root cause analysis after any unexpected impacted outage.
- Provide training and create documentation outlining supported systems and applications.
- Extensive custom shell script writing for monitoring, job scheduling and system automation.
- Responsible for over 400+ Servers including IBM, HP-UX, Sun, and Linux (Redhat).