Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Manager, Software Engineering
Brentwood, TN 37027
Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager - JOB SUMMARY
The Manager, Software Engineering leads a software engineer team that creates the software solutions that align with Company’ s technical vision for improving access to patients. As such, this position will have end-to-end technical ownership of a software product including resource management and allocation and overall project management responsibilities. This position will help drive process improvements and ensure the highest quality of service while also maintaining the deployment pipeline.
Software Engineering Manager - PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead team through the continuous design and development for the Company’ s software.
- Maintain current awareness of marketplace trends related to ongoing process improvements in software engineering and lead process definition and process improvement related to software engineering processes.
- Oversee resource development ensuring that resources are best utilized.
- Train and mentor current staff.
Software Engineering Manager - EDUCATION
- Bachelor’ s in computer information technology, computer science, management systems or related discipline required; Master’ s preferred
Software Engineering Manager - EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years professional experience in software development including design and implementation with prior experience leading software engineering teams, experience in the health care industry preferred.
- 5+ years familiarity with developing software as a service (SaaS) using Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS with prior experience with cloud-based software development and deployment.
- 5+ years of version control systems and continuous integrations systems such as Jenkins.
- 2+ year of Project management experience.
Software Engineering Manager - SKILLS
- Strong understanding and experience executing several software development methodologies and life cycles. Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence senior management. Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships both internally and with customers.