Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Operations Manager - Staff Accountant
6 Concourse Pkwy Suite 975 Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Operations Manager - Staff Accountant
Description: Operations Manager/Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant: Provides executive management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing monthly financial statements, daily accounting and bookkeeping duties, operating, and strategic plans; and managing company cash flows. Also responsible for benefits administration, human resources, payroll, and supervision of administrative staff responsible for day-to-day office operations, including purchasing, invoicing, and general operations.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information and journal entries into QuickBooks. Must have very advanced QuickBooks’ skills and experience.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options. Negotiate favorable terms and rates with banks and lending institutions.
- Ensure all business licenses are up to date
- Ensure all city, county, and state registrations are complete, up-to-date, and tracked to ensure we proactively complete registrations.
- Payroll and HR Duties including accurate payments, correct account information is on file, and everyone receives their paycheck on time
- Invoicing, collections, receipts and deposits
- Reconcile Accounts Payable and make payments
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other monthly reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Researches current tax credits and deductions available to company and implements those procedures to save company money.
Human Resource, Facilities Management, and Administrative Duties:
- Supervises office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manage external vendors and negotiate contracts. Oversee office moves and all facilities management duties
- Assist HR Manager and serve as back-up SME when this HR Manager is unavailable. Verify candidate’ s background by contacting references and coordinating background, drug, credit, and employment checks.
- Enroll and onboarding of new employees by issuing forms and applications; verifying completion.
- Helps employees by explaining benefit programs.
- Administer benefits programs including, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Administer short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k programs. Audit insurance coverages and costs to ensure we employee’ costs are correct as well as that we are not overpaying for coverages.
- Administer corporate insurance requirements including umbrella insurance, Errors & Omissions, as well as other coverages.
General: Position reports directly to the company partners and requires a highly motivated person with a “ whatever it takes attitude”. Person will be involved in a very broad range of assignments including accounting, office administration, purchasing, benefits administration, insurance, and human resources. Position requires a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and one who pays great attention to details and quality.
Experience: Your qualifications should include a degree in Accounting from an accredited university and 2-5+ years’ experience performing cash basis and accrual basis accounting with 2+ years’ experience with payroll and fixed assets. You should have advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, be proficient in Microsoft Office software, and have the capacity to quickly learn additional industry-specific software. Experience with ADP and Paychex software is preferred. You should also have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a positive work attitude.
Education: Minimum BS Accounting from an accredited university. CPA preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and capabilities. Also includes a full range of benefits with: medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k plan, and paid vacation.
Professional Skills: Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills and Strong capabilities in Word, Excel and QuickBooks, and familiar with Access. Must be able to multi-task and work with people at all levels in the organization.