Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
1075 Canton Pl NW Atlanta, GA 30144
Under general supervision, designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software. Researches and analyzes program or systems problems and develops program documentation. Translates business requirements into development activities in secure and maintainable code.
ORACLE DBA JOB DUTIES
- Migrate custom developed applications in a 3-tier Oracle Portal environment and troubleshoot/resolve application issues.
- Maintain the Oracle Portal and Oracle Database environments within ESS, including but not limited to: installation, upgrades, and patches to all Oracle components; ensuring proper security levels are maintained; tuning and day-to day maintenance to ensure a high level of reliability and stability.
- Develop, maintain, and implement procedures to guarantee the accuracy, accessibility and responsiveness of the portal and database environments, ensuring optimal database performance and availability, including the identification, analysis, and resolution of complex database issues.
- Assist application developers in the effective use of portal and database query and programming languages and work with other department personnel to ensure all activities associated with the databases function smoothly and efficiently.
- Serve as a resource on a variety of database integration issues, including migration between disparate databases, data conversion, capacity planning, and new application deployments.
- Maintain documentation including database backup & recovery, data dictionaries and data flow diagrams as well as any documentation to meet departmental and audit requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides support for assigned enterprise Oracle applications and their respective databases.
- Primarily Production with some Test and Development.
- Provide functional and technical support for end-users of the assigned enterprise applications, including but not limited to, applying upgrades and patches, ad-hoc querying, data manipulation and managing end user service tickets.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolution of system issues and providing functional level support to campus end-users.
- Serve as the liaison between functional users and technical support staff.
- Maintain records and documentation to meet departmental and audit requirements.
- Creation of user accounts, assigning security access, and annual review of user accounts to ensure compliance to audit standards.
- 5 years of related experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
- Proven knowledge working with Oracle-based technologies.
- Ability to maintain OLTP databases.
- Knowledge of query languages such as PL/SQL and SQL.
- Knowledge of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data security standards.
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of data backup, types of backups (e.g., full, incremental), and recovery concepts and tools.
- Experience and knowledge in code migrations, database changes, enforcement of the data integrity.
- Experience and knowledge with application security management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree.