Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Production Support & Release Management Engineer
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
Production Support & Release Management Engineer (DevOps)
Production Support & Release Management Engineer (DevOps) POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Production Support Code Deployment Specialist is responsible for the successful implementation of company authorized software into the IT Infrastructure environments.
This role is responsible for troubleshooting production-related infrastructure and software issues. This role will research, design and prototype solutions to facilitate application growth, stability and the performance of new and existing systems.
Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose, resolve and document technology-based issues as well as research, development and documentation of standards and methodologies used to enhance the existing client services environment.
Individual must be able to view the environment from tactical and strategic perspectives requiring independent analyses, communication and problem solving skills and serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support collaborating with engineering resources.
Assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, databases, and associated equipment. Build and maintain tools for software deployment, system monitoring and operational readiness. Available to troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed.
**Required to work on Sunday during published Sunday release windows. (Bi-Weekly) **
Production Support & Release Management Engineer (DevOps) MUST HAVE:
- 3+ years UNIX experience (Solaris, HP-UX, Red Hat are preferred)
- 3+ year Windows SQL Server (SSMS exp)
- Extensive SQL skills
- Oracle 11g/12c
- Solid Shell Scripting Experience (Power Shell, PHP, Ruby, PERL is a plus)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Solid troubleshooting skills to solve problems and a sense of urgency
Production Support & Release Management Engineer (DevOps) PREFERRED:
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience in related fields
- Jenkins and Octopus deployment tools (a plus)
- Experience with Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- Experience with Pega BPM technology
- Experience with BMC Control M job scheduling
- Knowledge of GitLab, SVN or CVS software versioning systems (a plus)
- Cold Fusion Scripting/Development (a plus)
- Working agile/kanban development knowledge
Production Support & Release Management Engineer (DevOps) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to tickets within service level agreement timeframes.
- Using technical knowledge, triage tickets and assign to appropriate engineering or environment support personnel if unable to solve problem in a timely manner.
- Advanced problem management skills in identifying trends and providing information that can be used to eliminate recurring problems.
- Prioritize problem and enhancement request queue to satisfy end user requirements within service level agreements.
- Set standards of excellence for routine operations and problem resolution across platforms.
- Assist in the transition of new IT processes and systems from development to a production environment.
- Report to management and users on project progress, problems and need for changes.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technical troubleshooting tools and resources.
- Identify and document problem resolutions and incorporate into a knowledgebase system.
- Position requires employee to be available to receive phone calls and alerts to smartphone 24/7 when on call.
- Employee will be required to plan and execute weekend software and maintenance changes as scheduled.
- Collect and condense information to facilitate the development of new solutions.
- Performs hands-on development and testing of solutions including deployment of software.