Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
1510 Fashion Island Blvd San Mateo, CA 94404
Progress Developer Job Summary:
Developer will support a specific financial services product line. This hands-on contributor will help to plan, architect, design, develop, and maintain the enterprise solution.
Progress Developer Main Responsibilities
- Interact with Business leaders to determine, prioritize, schedule and deliver software enhancements to the application, including status reporting.
- Interface with clients on various outstanding issues related to performance, system upgrades, prioritization of projects and scheduling
- Write technical approach and design documentation supporting business needs.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, code development, testing, deployment and support.
- Manage, communicate, and collaborate effectively with remote team members
- Work with Operations/HelpDesk on outstanding issues including open bugs, open enhancement requests,
- Progress 4GL developer (character not GUI (or both)). Progress v.10.
- SQL and ODBC
- Unix scripting, Perl
- Experience with full cycle software development on the, preferably in an agile environment.
- Experience should include all of the following; design, coding, testing, release, and maintenance.
- Ability to lead, communicate and collaborate effectively with remote team members
Progress Developer Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in team environment with varying skill set levels.
- Accounting software development experience: AR/Invoicing/billing/
- Transaction processing/reconciling
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative and personal accountability.
- C++, Erwin, PHP, .NET