Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
5445 Triangle Pkwy Duluth, GA 30092
The primary responsibility of the Risk Analyst role is supporting North American Fuel Cards systems monitoring to significantly reduce bad debt. This Risk Analyst reviews and assesses the financial history of a person or company to determine if they are a good candidate for a line of credit. In other words, this Risk Analyst will determine the risk of default to the lender. This analysis will not just provide a simple “ yes or no” answer but the analysis may lead to a “ yes, but….” answer. This means that someone seeking credit may be granted the loan but with specific conditions, such as a higher or lower interest rate (depending on repayment history and credit score), with a specified level of collateral or certain contingencies. Because there are many variables involved with these decisions, this Risk Analysts is required to have a certain level of education and for that they receive commensurate compensation.
- Apply quantitative methods to drive and influence management decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners including operations, credit, collections, and fraud teams to create business strategies
- Create ad-hoc and regular reports (using SAS, SQL, Access, etc.) & build Excel dashboards to support system processes & highlight key risk & fraud metrics(KPIs)
- Analyze & manage credit policy for new applications through statistical model building and perform data driven analysis
- Monitor portfolio data & create reports & strategies for regular account management functions like Credit line increases, term changes etc.
- Develop statistical models to monitor application fraud and counterfeit card fraud
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in an analytic role, preferably in financial services
- Ability to problem solve, develop & implement processes
- Advanced SQL programming skills and a solid understanding of databases (Oracle preferred)
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, math, economics, computer science, or business.