Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Smyrna, TN 37167
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer Essential Duties:
- Create, develop, modify, and maintain internal and external facing database applications as part of an Agile/SCRUM engineering team.
- Provide full product life cycle support, including creating specifications, researching products, database development, customized reporting, quality assurance and deployment.
- Work with experienced team members across the country to identify and enforce design patterns and standards.
- Explore new technologies and development techniques.
- Coordinate and communicate with users and product owners to gather requirements.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- Provides on-call support on a rotating basis for all production-related problems, including support during non-business hours. May be required to provide support as a backup to the on-call associate where key knowledge exists
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solving Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to engage in active listening with coworkers, management and clients/customers
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of organization, operating procedures and policies of the company
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree or related field OR directly related year for year experience
- 3+ years of professional experience with database technologies and/or ETL tools (preferably SSIS, SQL, Python, Vertica, and Talend)
- 2+ years of database application development experience