Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
SR HR Project Manager
Nashville, TN 37023
Senior Human Resources Project Manager
SR HR Project Manager Position Summary:
Senior Project Managers (PM) are seasoned project management professionals with diverse project experiences, highlighted by a gradually increasing degree of project complexity, scope, and strategic importance. At any given point in time, Senior PM’ s are either working on a complex, highly-visible project, or on multiple projects concurrently, leading all aspects of the entire project life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
Using leadership, process experience, project management, and strategic skills, the Senior PM will manage available resources and execute assigned projects from ideation to execution while meeting project milestones. While technical expertise and ability to execute projects is essential, it is equally important that the Senior PM has the ability to handle day-to-day situations relating to safety, environmental, construction, procurement, and other elements with leadership skills, a positive attitude, the ability to anticipate and challenge situations, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to develop economic and marginal analysis for sound decisions.
Given the wide range and number of on-going initiatives, the successful candidate must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and make decisions quickly and effectively. This individual will be comfortable working in an environment of uncertainty and change, constantly seeking to drive value for the organization based on the changing landscape. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager supports the training and development of junior staff along with directing/leading the efforts to support team goals.
SR HR Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage and execute capital projects ranging from $5 million to >$50 million, providing direction and oversight throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create, execute, and lead comprehensive project plans to include schedule, budget, procurement, resources, quality, risks, change control and communications according to Project Execution Process.
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects deliver them; driving adjustments in projects to more effectively achieve desired business results.
- Collaborates with a variety of organizational stakeholders to vet resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts, project feasibility, or technical reviews as deemed necessary based on assigned project portfolio.
- Produce scopes of work, project plans, cost estimates, Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) forms, schedules, Managements of Change (MOC), and other required documentation to help with the process of project identification and evaluation.
- Effectively manage third party firms in their overall execution including, but not limited to the creation of bid documents, scope documents, contracts, specifications and procedures.
- Identify, track, manage and resolve project issues, including managing the bidding process, evaluating and choosing appropriate team members and contractor/vendors, resolving contract disputes and resolving contractor and inspector issues/disputes.
- Provide guidance and leadership of internal resources and contract resources; this includes responsibility to balance workloads, assign projects, and assess performance.
- Mentor and develop talent within the organization.
- Collaborates with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management, etc.) so that project resources are optimized. Conducts productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances so the project can achieve established objectives.
- Accountable for identification of risk factors and risk ranking of threats posed to the project’ s success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment; develops and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SR HR Project Manager Ownership of the execution of the project(s) assigned includes the following aspects:
- Complete any studies required, leveraging project team and subject matter experts, and coordinating with existing resources to actively manage associated capital budgets within assigned portfolio.
- Manage communications at all levels of organization, including executive leadership on status of initiatives while proactively seeking input from key stakeholders.
- Oversee the development of a sound Project Execution Plan (PEP) and promotes collaboration and buy in of the plan, and monitors and controls project performance to ensure project meets agreed quality, cost and time parameters in safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Support resources to drive and deliver commissioning, hand over, and startup of the project. Effectively lead/direct/influence large, complex cross-functional teams, or projects including interaction with senior level managers and stakeholders.
- Ensure communications and alignment is maintained, proactively identifies obstacles and concerns, and promotes transparent interface throughout the project culture.
- Ensure all aspects of project control, monitoring, and auditing are completed; reports are developed and issued as required and the most important items are communicated; auditing on invoices and similar cost controls are completed; variances in cost and schedule are addressed with mitigation plans.
- Establishes and takes necessary action to minimize project risks, and to ensure the project achieves maximum profitability. This could include optimizing costs, scheduling, and diligence in scope management, and responsibility for risk assessment, management including identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Participate in the development of Authorization for Expenditures (AFE) and ensures alignment with the spending plan for processing through the established approval system.
SR HR Project Manager Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- Certifications in one of the following areas is required: CAPM – Certified Associate Project Manager, PMI-ACP – Agile Certified Practitioner, CSM – Certified Scrum Master, or Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Minimum of 10+ Years’ Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing larger projects with responsibility range from $5 million to >$50 million during development and execution, overseeing resources of capital projects, with full accountability.
- Strong proficiency with SAP, P6, MS Project, or related project management software.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite of applications including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint.
- Highly organized, analytical, action and detail oriented, possess an “ ownership” personality with a sense of urgency to drive results, excellent listening, interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills. Adaptable and innovative; comfort with ambiguity and navigating between strategic and tactical execution.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and projects, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment; capable of dealing with conflict and ambiguity.
- Comfortable dealing with senior professionals across a myriad of disciplines ranging from engineering, operations, construction/project development, business development, administration, and more. Ability to lead and manage resources that do not have a direct reporting relationship; experience leading staff and contractors in office and remote locations.
- Experience with recruiting, retaining, engaging, and developing a high performing team (technical staff and management).
- Experience with team and project alignment, preparing construction contracts, project status reports, and presentations, soliciting and evaluating bids, requisitioning material, tracking budgets, forecasting costs, and overseeing construction activities.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes unwavering commitment to safety, technical and commercial excellence, team work and people development, ethical practices and individual integrity, sustainability, calculated risk-taking and creativity.
- Experienced in applying Change Management Principles to organizational initiatives.
- Strong presentation skills and a professional presence is a must; Candidate must be capable of presenting at all levels including the Executive Team/C-Suite.
SR HR Project Manager Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’ s degree in Business, Project Management, or other related discipline.
- Experience with Agile transformations or working in a Scaled Agile environment.
- Experience in HCM, payroll or timekeeping implementations highly preferred.