Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Senior User Interface Engineer
3308 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Atlanta, GA 30319
SENIOR USER INTERFACE ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
This job is intended for a Senior UI Engineer with client management experience, advanced technical knowledge and business analysis skills. This role is critical to the success of the organization and the client management function.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic and passion for building great software that exceeds internal and external customer expectations. They will lead the organization with a well-thought out User Interface design built in Angular and related technologies. They will work closely with the User Experience team to develop and implement modern designs. They will work within and help define direction for an Agile team that is responsible for total product development. The employee in this job will follow standard procedures and exercise independent judgment.
SENIOR USER INTERFACE ENGINEER JOB EXPECTATIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identifies customer needs, actively solicits input and meets commitments made to customers; understands, accepts, and manages customer expectations.
- Able to work with wide range of management, leadership styles, teams, challenges and maintain positive attitude.
- Works well in an environment where change is ongoing, priorities are shifting, and assignments may not come to completion.
- Identifies more/less critical assignments and adjusts priorities as appropriate.
- Understands variety of competitive markets serviced by our client.
- Plans and organizes own daily work in an effective manner to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Performs and completes appropriate quantity of tasks consistently, thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Leverage experience to design callable, resilient, and secure systems.
SENIOR USER INTERFACE ENGINEER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Full participant in Agile development team, including story documentation, estimation, development, quality and acceptance testing, and process analysis.
- Sets up and adheres to maintainable and repeatable processes for software development, configuration management, quality assurance, and software delivery.
- Advocates for and implements development tooling and toolkits, as necessary for product delivery, including ongoing product framework upgrades.
- Coordinates with team members for daily delivery of tasks, helps others to unblock themselves when challenges are presented.
- Creates supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Implements changes in key development, maintenance and system standards. Ensures that changes are made to quality standards and all applicable standards.
- Communicates effectively with customers, generates trust and shows though leadership.
- Demonstrates strong business and technology analytic skills, helping customers create and maintain technology project / program roadmaps.
SENIOR USER INTERFACE ENGINEER REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Recent experience building web applications with Angular JS 1.x and Angular 6+.
- Strong knowledge of Kendo UI framework and controls (data model, grids, graphs, and other components).
- Strong knowledge of Bootstrap framework.
- Experience building Angular applications for web and mobile.
- Strong knowledge of REST based services and data-driven frameworks.
- Proven ability to create design documentation that allows others to implement with minimal oversight.
SENIOR USER INTERFACE ENGINEER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Agile software development methodologies, values, procedures and tools such as the Atlassian suite including JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to write proper Agile Stories and perform Acceptance Testing as part of the Agile process.
- Desire to drive process and repeatability within the organization.
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams.
- Prior experience working with geographically diverse teams.
- Business communications skills (verbal, written, interpersonal).
- Critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Effective project scoping/estimation skills, setting up projects for success from the start.
SENIOR USER INTERFACE ENGINEER EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 8 + years of software development experience, with the majority focused on User Interface and Experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Sciences, currently pursuing a technical degree or other technical discipline from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of equivalent education and experience