Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Service Desk Computer Operator
Smyrna, TN 37167
Service Desk (Computer Operator)
Operates and monitors systems performance through online dashboards and system consoles. Foresees problems that may occur during operations and takes preventative action.
Service Desk Essential Duties:
- Manages operations print jobs as assigned.
- Conducts weekly IPL of mainframe and iSeries based on provided documentation and thorough training.
- Logs incoming incidents into company ticketing systems during overnight hours. Contacts on-call resources as necessary for critical incidents.
- Monitors systems for successful backups.
- Initiates critical incident bridge calls during overnight hours as necessary.
- Conducts daily walk-through of company data center, looking and listening for system visible alerts as well as ensuring data center cleanliness.
- Maintains physical security of data center, allowing only those with approved badge access and coordinating access to those who do not as required.
Service Desk Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic console messages, commands and alerts generated by monitored systems
- Knowledge of organization, operating procedures and policies of the company
- Strong listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible/multi-task based on workflow demands
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Ability to maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication or in person
- Ability to engage in active listening with coworkers, management and clients/customers
- Ability to apply new knowledge, technology and procedure to job responsibilities
- Ability to meet and maintain performance objectives (standards)
- Ability to maintain full time work schedule during normal company operating hours
Service Desk Education and Experience
- 6 months computer operations experience or 1 year College or Technical School in a computer operations related field