Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Shipping And Receiving Clerk
1001 Flagpole Court Nashville, Tennessee 37027
The Shipping And Receiving Clerk will read customer orders, shipping orders, and requisitions and accurately pick merchandise for shipment. They will also pack customer orders efficiently and accurately ensuring that products remain damage free during shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read customer orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be picked and shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and placing orders on pallets or in bins
- Pack all items using proper procedures to prevent damages. Include packing slip with each order.
- Process orders through UPS online service or other approved carriers.
- Attach labels to packages and complete the shipping function by placing packing slips in the billing department bins.
- Verify items on order for accuracy.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Assist other areas of the warehouse as needed.
- Ability to stand for long continuous periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet.
- May engage in some repetitive motion.
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Ability to continuously walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to occasionally sit, climb or balance.
- Ability to continuously lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
**Continuous is defined as 6-8 hours, Frequently is defined as 3-6 hours, and Occasionally is defined as up to 3 hours.