Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
3565 Piedmont Road NE Atlanta, GA 30319
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT JOB SUMMARY
The Software Architect will research new techniques, establish and help enforce technical standards, collaborate with product teams and implement critical product components.
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and troubleshoot highly scalable web based applications.
- Initiate, plan, and conduct research to mitigate technical risk to long-term product goals.
- Identify patterns of engineering debt. Communicate techniques and recommendations to remedy such debt.
- Document detailed designs for complex or high-risk components.
- Provide advice on design and implementation strategies when consulted by software engineers.
- Provide production implementations of critical product components that require expert attention.
- Monitor and review others’ implementations of high-risk components.
- Identify, document, and help to monitor and enforce project technical standards; for example, those covering design patterns and source control.
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid computer science, software engineering theory and methodologies.
- Experience identifying long term technical risk.
- Ability to creatively apply state of the art techniques to novel architectural problems.
- Ability to document prescriptive technical approaches.
- Willingness to mentor other software engineers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Competent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment or on individual tasks.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Hands-on experience designing and building scalable RESTful APIs.
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- 10 plus years related experience and/or training in Software Engineering including any of the .NET based languages such as VB.net or C#.
- Experienced with agile software development processes and practices.
- Experienced with operating systems, Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and Version Control Software.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Statistics or equivalent experience.