Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Software Engineer Manager
3565 Piedmont Road NE Atlanta, GA 30319
SOFTWARE ENGINEER MANAGER
Our client is seeking a passionate, hard-working, and talented R&D Group Lead to oversee the vision for all software development activities as it relates to ongoing R&D, new offerings, and existing tools/dashboards. The primary function of this role is to lead development teams that focus on our front facing web applications which target hundreds of thousands of business users for their daily activities that depend on the analytics data supplied by our client. Ideal candidates will understand how to combine scalable agile practices to lead a team that build user friendly, scalable solutions in very tight collaboration with the product teams. The R&D Group Lead must be able to manage all key aspects of software development including but not limited to (1) development strategy (2) team management (3) team resources (4) project management and (5) maintenance activities.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a twelve-person group comprised of two scrum teams.
- Define and enforce development process for enterprise analytics web applications.
- Coordinate estimation, scheduling, and roadmap definition.
- Coordinate with other group leads on release activities.
- Support communication between developers, product managers and stakeholders.
- Manage creation and maintenance of training materials and user certification program.
- Evaluate developers' performance and provide constructive criticism for improvement.
- Assist product managers and architects in feature design.
- Define and enforce issue escalation handling processes.
- Coordinate with other departments to effect operational change as well as establish and maintain integration test facilities.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER MANAGER REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Ten plus years in the software development field
- Minimum two plus years’ experience managing 5+ engineers
- Experience with ASP.net ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree
SOFTWARE ENGINEER MANAGER DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Exposure to modern JS frameworks, CSS transcoding and front end best practices
- Experience in database design and performance tuning
- Automated testing
- Background in call centers or call recording