Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Application Support - Middleware (IIS)
6404 International Pkwy, Suite 1000 Plano, TX 75093
SENIOR APPLICATION SUPPORT JOB SUMMARY
We are looking for an experienced, brilliant and technical Senior Software Engineer, reporting to Group Manager, Product Support. As a member of the Product Support team, you will be engaged in supporting our client’ s VMS platform. You will provide your technical know-how and experience in managing the uptime of the website at all times. You will focus on delivering top notch service to customers by resolving their issues proactively while keeping the customers fully updated at all times. SENIOR APPLICATION SUPPORT JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle production incidents in an effective manner and provide quick turnaround to customers.
- Communicate adequately with customers to keep them informed on the status of their tickets at all times.
- Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders such as QE, Product Management, Infrastructure support and Release management teams to deliver solutions to customer requirements.
- Work as a team player to contribute to the overall operational success of the team by being flexible to work in shifts and weekend on call support activities.
- Document all the customer interactions and technical investigations in the ticketing system at all times.
- Represent team in audit reviews, change advisory calls, business continuity programs such as Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Execute IT application support activities. Envision and support adherence to best practices and standards.
- Responding promptly to application alerts and issues.
- Level-2 Troubleshooting Applications / Infrastructure issues within benchmarked SLA’ s.
- Responsible to report production impact details and able to elaborate to the management.
- Adhere to standards and processes for incident resolution.
- Maintain production support run books for each application.
- Analyze and drive to RCA (Root Cause Analysis).
- Assist in testing and monitoring systems changes implemented.
- Ensure compliance with client policies and procedures.
- Provide appropriate status updates and track assignments on routine basis.
- Level-3 responsibilities for identifying defective behavior within supported applications and work with the appropriate development team to identify root cause and communicate with end-users on the delivered solution. In addition, will need to coordinate with the application development team(s) on the release of hotfixes, features and functionality to supported applications.
- Will perform release migration steps to Production environments as documented in the release plan.
Key Result Areas:
- Incident SLA fulfillment >= 95%
- Improve incident resolution time by reducing kickbacks to less than 10%
- Maintain Application Uptime >= 99%
- Performance (Avg response time =< 3 secs for 90% of transactions) SLA > 97%
- Experience working in a product support role for minimum of 3-5 years
Hands-on experience working with:
- Windows servers
- MySQL / SQL Server – SQL queries
- Middleware - Microsoft IIS
- .NET based applications
- Work experience on ITIL processes like Incident Management, Change Management.
- Proven problem solving skills to deep dive on technical issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to quickly learn and stay current with new technologies, product features and their architecture.
- Ability to work in a high-paced dynamic environment with broad level requirements, deadlines, pressures etc.
- Highly motivated, a Go-Getter who needs very little or no supervision.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BE/BTech graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other Engineering streams.
- Our client offers 10 paid holidays, plus 26 paid days off per year.
- Comprehensive insurance plans like Medical, Personal Accident Benefit, Life Insurance, and Wellness Programs.
- Employee engagement activities both offsite (examples include family cricket/football games, annual company celebrations and happy hours) and onsite (examples include office stress buster events, holiday parties, and quarterly Living our Values celebrations).
- Opportunities to join company community service initiatives.