Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Commvault Backup Systems Engineer
5707 Peachtree Pkwy Suite 400 Atlanta, GA 30092
A great contract opportunity with an industry leader serving as a Backup Systems Engineer on highly visible projects.
Sr. Commvault Backup Systems Engineer
Sr. Commvault Backup Engineer Summary:
The Storage & Backup Engineer is responsible for daily Backup and SAN administration across a range of technologies including Pure Storage, NetApp, Commvault, Data Domain, Cohesity, EXAGRID, Netbackup, Veeam, StorageTek, and various other tape and disk targets. This position requires a detailed understanding of a wide range of enterprise SAN and Backup technologies, operating systems, applications, and business objectives. This individual participates in technical research, design, development, troubleshooting and support to innovate within the infrastructure.
Sr. Commvault Backup Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the installation, configuration, and maintenance of various backup technology solutions. Experience with disk and tape backup targets. Able to support a wide range of technologies. Provides a deep technical subject matter expertise and leadership for analyzing hardware and software needs. Work independently and with third party vendors to design, install, support, and upgrade various applications to support business needs. Monitor the environment for performance and stability issues to meet Service Level Objectives. Maintain current system patching levels. Provides oversight and tracking of support tickets, ensuring that issues and requests are resolved in a timely manner. Pro-actively manage the environment and correct potential or present issues as identified. Consult with infrastructure operations, development personnel, and support teams to provide technical advice and to resolve problems. Provides senior technical consulting internally to teammates and externally to a variety of IT teams. Follow internal procedures for change management, incident management, and escalation. Work with peers across multiple business units. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. Other responsibilities will be assigned as required.
The position is also responsible for the evaluation, design, implementation, and support based on the direction of management for the following:
- NetApp Storage Area Network (SAN)
- NetApp flash based storage
- Pure Storage equipment
- Data Domain
- Configuring backups for Commvault
- Configuring Backups for Cohesity
- Configuring Backups for Exagrid
Sr. Commvault Backup Engineer Education/Experience:
Associates or Bachelor’ s degree preferred, technical education or equivalent experience in the IT Industry with at least 7 years’ experience.
Sr. Commvault Backup Engineer General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 7+ years of IT operational experience providing expertise in designing, planning, installing, configuring, maintaining and enhancing enterprise backup software
- Must have heavy Commvault experience
- Must have platform experience with Unix. Experience with Windows a plus.
- Preferred experience with Database Backups (Oracle and SQL) doing 20+ terabyte backups
- 5 years of experience with backup and network storage activities
- 3-5 years of experience with NetApp storage platforms is a plus
- 5 years of administration on a SAN platform is a plus
- 3-4 years of Cohesity Administration for Backup is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience with Veeam for backup is a plus
- 3-5 years of Commvault experience for backup is required
- Ability to prioritize a variety of duties and work requests based on business need and SLA' s
- Excellent time management and project management skills with the ability to follow through on projects and requests with minimal supervision
- Ability to document procedures simply and accurately
- Team work - must be capable of working well with others in a team environment and in high pressure situations.
- Communication - must possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal medium to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Must be able to lift ~50 lbs