Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Java Developer (Mobile)
2 Peachtree Street NW 29th Floor Atlanta, GA 30303
The Sr. Java Developer (Mobile) responsibilities include the integration and design of new application systems and/or life-cycle enhancement to existing complex multi-platform (Java) systems. The selected candidate will be responsible for determining the scope of the assigned project(s) by assessing requirements from business and technical/network personnel. This role is also responsible for the evaluation and selection of the appropriate technical platform for the system. Work will include integration planning, integration analysis across multiple technical platforms to include both global system design and detailed program design for complex processes or interfaces, review of database design of new data structures, and suggested modifications to existing data structures. Effectively documents and teaches the structure and function of the new application and/or enhancements resulting from the assigned project(s) to other Web Application Managers and senior technical personnel to insure that the new systems or enhancements operate smooth in the IT environment. The selected candidates day to day activities will include 10% leadership, 30% design/analysis, and 60% coding. Candidate will work with a diverse project team in a highly visible and changing project environment with aggressive timelines.
SR. JAVA DEVELOPER REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years web development experience which includes the programming/development of web applications.
- Strong Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB, Spring.
- 6+ years web development experience which includes the programming/ development of web applications.
- Design, code, test, and deploy J2EE based applications into industry-leading container/application server environments such as WebSphere/WebLogic/JBoss/GlassFish application servers.
- Successful track record in designing and implementing web applications using J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Flex, Hibernate, EJB 3.0, Struts, Oracle 12g, ANT, Maven, workflow engines, rules engines.
- Strong understanding and experience with SQL/Stored Procedure.
- Relational databases - preferably Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2.
- Knowledge of any Web technologies like AngularJS, Angular, React, NodeJS and Ionic Framework.
- Experience leading large and small application development teams.
- Takes ownership for producing results.
- Extensive front and back end experience is required.
- Experience integrating applications and designing and developing web services and frameworks.
- Strong understanding and experience with test-driven development.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new and emerging technologies and vendor products and to constructively apply them to meet identified business and technology goals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and realize those strategies in application design.
- Strong ability to diagnose critical problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to take part in production support and lead troubleshooting calls as needed.
- MUST have excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working directly with end users to understand and translate requirements to design.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.