Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Network Engineer
3 Corporate Boulevard NE 7th Floor Atlanta, Georgia 30329
Senior System Engineer performs complex technical analysis of network software, hardware, routers, switches, and various network systems using a variety of diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
Sr. Network Engineer Responsibilities
- Design, manage, install, configure, optimize network solution technologies in a production environment
- Responsible for the performance tuning, integrating, and administering of the environment
- Implement and support QOS/COS technology within the network
- Assist in data center installs, network access ports and cable infrastructure for data center systems
- Ensue LAN/WAN environment security and recovery
- Work closely with the Security and Compliance teams to apply network security standards
- Providing advanced support, installation and maintenance in VoIP environment
- Document and plan for future growth within the network environment
- Ensures that technologies are updated and meet enterprise standards
- Conduct technical research and analyze cost requirements
- Troubleshoots network OS
- Monitor software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolve alerts and performs remediation activities
- Determine migration and upgrade impacts
- Diagnose/resolve complex technology errors.
- Monitor and identify complex issues across multiple technologies and platforms
- Responsible for providing cost estimates for Network infrastructure installations
- Develop processes and procedures related to network administration
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity exercises.
Sr. Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor' s Degree; CCNP or CCIE certification preferred
- 10 years of experience providing support and administration in an environment of mixed network equipment such as Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco… etc.
- 7 years of experience implementing and managing VMware vDS and switches.
- Strong experience with WAN and LAN network technologies
- Deep understanding of protocols
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus switches and JUNOS
- Expert within network configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and support
- Strong understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance; specifically within Palo Alto
- Well-organized, dependable and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engineer, build and test networks for throughput and reliability
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Advanced understanding of Network security best practices
- Knowledge of the OSI model
- Knowledge of packet captures analysis and reporting.
- Proficient with JUNOS, Cisco OS and AOS operating systems
- Knowledge of MPLS, OWS, Point to Point, Frame and nxT1 WAN connectivity
- Knowledge of SolarWinds, VMware and PRTG applications
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP and eBGP routing protocols
- Knowledge of IP, Ethernet, Fiber, switching, 802.1x, 802.1q, DAI, VLAN, VRF, VRRP, VDC, SPAN and VTP LAN technologies
- Knowledge of F5, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and VPN Load Balances and Security