Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Network Engineer
6600 Governors Lake Pkwy Duluth, GA 30071
Supports Enterprise IP Network (Data, Video and Voice) environments, including technical architecture and design activities which focus on reducing costs and improving service through improved processes with the effective application of information technologies consistent with the business and IT strategies. May provide leadership, development and guidance for technical staff. Scope of responsibility includes support, architecture, analysis, and assistance with strategy and design of the following enterprise infrastructure and operations areas: Data Network (LAN/WAN/Internet), Voice Communications Network and systems (VoIP), Call Center technologies and a variety of phone systems, Video Telepresence technologies (focusing on Cisco collaboration suite of tools), Enterprise firewall infrastructure (Cisco and CheckPoint), Wireless and wireline (Cisco and Motorola), collaboration technologies, performance management platforms and tools, and more.
- Responsible for extensive support and maintenance required to optimize the Enterprise technology to meet demanding business goals. Will drive and influence architecture and strategy decision to align with Business requirements and growth
- Highest level subject matter expert supporting the Enterprise Communications team. Co-development of strategy, architecture, & design activities for enterprise technology infrastructure, utilizing subject matter experts from the functional areas as well as external resources such as vendors, research firms, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, design engineering and problem resolution of large WAN/LAN Cisco environment (routers, switches, firewalls, VPN and VOIP) in a complex, challenging operational environment.
- Document problems and report to management, engineers and/or peers.? Coordinate and implement network changes including building configurations as necessary.? Compile statistics and reports as necessary on network performance and utilization.
- Install and configures technical components and supporting software. May own support issues, and medium to large high-profile projects.
- Maintain network devices including physical swapping of devices, cards and cables.? Evaluate emerging technologies and business potential or impact (including prototyping)? May submit business cases for investment prioritization and justification
- Evaluate and influence selection of vendors & products, facilitate proof of concept analysis? Participate in Architectural Review Process, ensuring architecture & design reviews are approved prior to implementation into production
- Participate in any necessary Governance Committees, representing Enterprise Communications
- Leadership and mentoring to less skilled team members
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor' s Degree (BS or BA)
- 10 years’ experience in technology infrastructure, including engineering support, architecture, design, implementation, and operations
- Minimum Cisco CCNA level certification is required
- Comprehensive hands-on experience working with Cisco Nexus switches (7K, 5K, 2K and 1K)
- Extensive hands on experience with Cisco router/switch configurations and troubleshooting
- Ability to perform complex troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and correct network problems
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Extensive knowledge of LAN/WAN environment and experience working with LAN/WAN technologies
- Hands-on experience working with Cisco Nexus switches (7K, 5K, 2K and 1K)
- Experience working Wi-Fi Infrastructure and protocols (Encryption, QoS, Authentication)
- Working knowledge of various network protocols including: TCP, UDP, IP
- Knowledge of various network routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, IGRP, RIP
- Knowledge of WAN communications mediums including: MPLS, Frame-relay, ISDN, SONET
- Ability to support a global 24x7 operation; includes on-call schedule Working Conditions/Physical Requirement:
- May require some travel.