Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Sr. Telecom Engineer
12808 Gran Bay Parkway West Jacksonville, GA 32258
Telecom Engineer Responsibilities
- Oversee the function and availability of the company’ s enterprise-wide voice and telephony infrastructure, with a team of telephony engineers and administrators supporting daily operational requests and longer-term projects.
- Manage technical requirements to measurable key-performance indicators and service levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology and business stakeholders to prioritize requests and projects.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with telephony equipment and telecommunications vendors (carriers).
- Manage and support the underlying telephony systems providing services to multiple global call centers and multiple administrative or engineering offices.
- Technically execute a multi-year roadmap for telephony systems supporting our call center and office networks to keep up with latest technologies aimed at improving speed-to-market while lowering expenses.
- Support 24/7 operations with crisis management, including:
- Hands-on troubleshooting and crisis leadership.
- Communication to peers and executives with relevant progress updates and resolution steps.
Telecom Engineer Required Skills
- Deep understanding of network technologies, including:
- SIP, H.323, SCCP
- Enterprise dialing plans
- Phone number management
- Toll Free Numbers
- Codecs (G.711, G.729)
- SIP trunking, ISDN PRI/BRI, POTS, FAX, eFax
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- CDR analysis and troubleshooting
- Route Plan analysis and troubleshooting
- Configuring all CUCM elements
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (multi-site clusters)
- ICM configuration and scripting
- CVP, call studio
- Finesse Agent Desktop
- Precision Queuing and Skill Groups
- Outbound Option Campaign Manager and Dialer
- APIs for Finesse, Unified Config, Outbound Option
- Routers, Loggers, Peripheral Gateways
- Troubleshooting and debugging all UCCE components
- Cisco RTMT
- Cisco CUBE
- DSP configurations
- SIP debugging
- IP Phones: Cisco, Polycom and Avaya
- Avaya Communications Manager
- Oracle Acme Packet
- SIP debugging and interpretation
- Avaya Harmony Call Recording and Evaluation
- Teleopti Workforce Management
- Networking requirements for voice services
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent crisis management skills.
Telecom Engineer Required Experience
- 7+ years of telephony engineering for enterprises with multiple offices and multiple global call centers handling moderately high volumes of inbound calls as well as automated dialer campaigns for outbound calling.
- CCVP or CCNP level certifications or demonstrable similar experience.
- Undergraduate level bachelors' degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems.