Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
200 Piedmont Ave SE, West Tower Suite 14 Atlanta, GA 30334
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR JOB SUMMARY
Under general supervision, install, configure, and support a local area network, wide area network, internet system, computers, desktops and/or mobile devices. Performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems, replace defective components.
- Escalates problems to vendor and/or developer for advanced debugging or software correction.
- Evaluates of new technologies or solutions to improve service and efficiency of systems.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made.
- Operates consoles to monitor performance of the computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Prepares user instructions and documentation for the installation and operation of software and software upgrades.
- Installs, monitors, maintains, optimizes, and secures information technology servers, workstations, and IoT devices and assures their ongoing operation in compliance to service levels 7 days-a-week.
- Coordinates with staff at all levels to resolve systems problems; assesses severity of the issues, and prioritizes responses as appropriate.
- Performs system tests and collaborates with IT staff to resolve issues and errors.
- Works with users to identify system requirements; develops processing procedures and systems modifications to meet these specifications.
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and recommend updates to the current network, computer systems, and systems architecture.
- Drafts informational materials and graphics to explain systems to managers and users.
- Prepares specifications and documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with administration of Microsoft enterprise infrastructures including Windows server 2008-2019, Active Directory, Systems Center 2016, Exchange, WSUS, MS SQL Server, Office 365, Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop, Intune, Windows 10, Sharepoint, etcetera.
- Extensive knowledge of data center use of virtual machine technology including VMware vSphere 6 and HyperV.
- Extensive knowledge of backup technologies including NAS and SAN.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, IP v4 & v6, routers, and switches.
- Experience with managing endpoint security, reviewing logs, and removing malware.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and ability to apply them with minimal impact to user productivity.
- Administration experience with O365 and M365.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn systems and software used by the organization.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science or related field.