Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Technical Service Specialist
Nashville, TN 37203
Technical Service Specialist
Technical Service Specialist Job Summary
The Technical Service Specialist is responsible for assisting with all technical aspects of customer and third-party interfaces to ensure customer satisfaction and effective use of products and services. This may include internal and external service and sales support.
The primary function of this role is to quickly address technical questions, real-time integration issues and escalations raised by our customers. The specialist may also develop and modify custom reports to meet the customer’ s requirements. At times the Technical Service Specialist will escalate issues to other resources, assist with user acceptance testing, and support the introduction of new products and features.
Associates may be assigned to support a specific type of technology or to a pool of customers or to a specific customer base for support. This position will respond to service tickets, inbound emails and phones calls and work directly with clients to provide day to day account support, problem resolution, research, and analysis.
Technical Service Specialist Core Responsibilities:
- Resolve time sensitive customer technical problems by following established resolution procedures as well as documenting, communicating and follow-up with management as necessary.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of system integration options to include Batch file processing, API interfaces, EDI, etc.
- Work with sales, account setup specialist, implementation project management, the customer and other associates for a successful customer implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining and executing various macros and scripts used to update customer account information in various programs
- Helps develop new programs or processes for implementation and support
Technical Service Specialist Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required (Bachelor degree preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- 2+ year of experience with implementations, client support, technical support or customer-interfacing preferred
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, solid analytical skills and attention to details; and excellent follow-up skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel including the use of formulas and macros
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong understanding of networking and VPN connectivity
- Access Database/SQL experience is desired
- Transportation Industry experience preferred
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, PowerBi or Tableau is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to properly communicate our products functionality and technical interface options.
- Highly responsive to calls and emails; utilize available tools to manage priorities without compromising other responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues.