Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Telecom Admin Engineer
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
Telecom Administrator / Engineer
The Telecom Administrator / engineer role is to maintain the telecom environment for the overall logical and technical Telecom architecture; this individual will also provide technical daily phone system administration and operations across the organization, from project planning and implementation to tactical decision making. The telecom admin / engineer will also be involved in critical Telecom operational support issues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the telecom infrastructure engineering and telecom infrastructure operations groups.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’ s existing Telecom architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio. Work with the IT portfolio management to map infrastructure components to business services.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in telecom infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop business relationships to understand the value of the telecom infrastructure to the business.
- Maintain a secure and stable environment through secure administration processes and procedures, and implementation of systems to control the telecom infrastructure landscape.
- 10% Travel required.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited four-year university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years prior job-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and maintain telecom standards and best practices
- Experience in telecom administration and integrating with production systems required.
- Experience creating and adhering to Service/Operating Level Agreements, systems procedural documentation and design.
- Prior experience working in a medium to large environment (10 or more sites and/or 2000+ users)
- Prior multi-Vendor PBX platform consolidation required.
- Avaya and/or Cisco Certifications a plus.
- Ability to provide tier 2 to tier 3 support for VoIP platforms
- Experience with system administration and support experience for Avaya Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager, AES Server, Elite ACD – Advanced vectoring, variables, Avaya Call Management System, Utility Server, Verint WFO systems and Oracle SBC’ s are preferred.
- Experience in deploying call center telephony solutions including CTI screen pop, automatic dialing, advanced IVR call routing and agent state control.