5445 Triangle Pkwy
Job Category: Telecom
Job Number: 1526
The Sr. Telecom Engineer/Architect role is to design and build out the telecom environment for the overall logical and technical Telecom architecture; this individual will also provide technical daily phone system engineering and guide operations across the organization, from project planning and implementation to tactical decision making. The Sr. Telecom Engineer/Architect will also be involved in critical Telecom operational support issues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to the telecom infrastructure engineering and telecom infrastructure operations groups.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’ s existing Telecom architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio. Work with the IT portfolio management to map infrastructure components to business services.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in telecom infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop business relationships to understand the value of the telecom infrastructure to the business.
- Maintain a secure and stable environment through secure administration processes and procedures, and implementation of systems to control the telecom infrastructure landscape.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited four-year university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years prior job-related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and maintain telecom standards and best practices
- Experience in telecom engineering and administration and integrating with production systems required.
- Experience creating and adhering to Service/Operating Level Agreements, systems procedural documentation and design.
- Prior experience working in a medium to large environment (10 or more sites and/or 2000+ users)
- Prior multi-Vendor PBX platform consolidation required.
- Avaya and/or Cisco Certifications a plus.
- Ability to provide tier 2 to tier 3 support for VoIP platforms
- Experience with system administration and support experience for Avaya Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager, AES Server, Elite ACD – Advanced vectoring, variables, Avaya Call Management System, Utility Server, Verint WFO systems and Oracle SBC’ s are preferred.
- Experience in deploying call center telephony solutions including CTI screen pop, automatic dialing, advanced IVR call routing and agent state control.