Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
VP Engineering, Platform Development - Hosting & Email
245 Peachtree Center Ave. NE Marquis One Tower, Suite 2000 (20th flr) Atlanta, GA 30303
VP Engineering, Platform Development - Hosting and Email
We are searching for a world class VP of Engineering to join the team and lead the Hosting and Email platform development teams. These platforms serve millions of customers and serve as the vehicles to support a business online. You will develop platforms that enable these businesses to not only have an online presence but also to allow the customer to be profitable.
VP Engineering Core Responsibilities:
- Create motivated teams inspired to understand the customer needs and increase the product value for the customer
- Innovate platforms to increase uptime and reduce the time required to manage platforms through automation
- Assist in the digital transformation of monolithic systems to a DevOps platform and process
- Develop strong relationships with Product, Engineering peers and Customer Service teams to build features into platforms and understand its impact to the customers
- Communicate with peers to help prioritize projects and communicate status throughout software development lifecycle
- Manage the operational and capital expenses to the given budget to meet company initiatives
- Maintain security and compliance standards for the email and hosting environments that support millions of customers worldwide
- Develop and evolve a uniform Agile software development process
- Establish and report on key performance metrics for all platforms and teams
- Ensure project plans are understood by team and milestones are met
- Create, implement and document architecture and operational plans for engineering teams
VP Engineering Qualifications:
- Excellent grasp of internet technologies
- Experience building enterprise level internet product platforms
- 15+ years of experience in related field including a minimum of 10 years in a management capacity.
- 10+ years platform engineering experience
- 10 years direct management responsibility overseeing software engineering/development this includes direct and indirect leadership of technical managers.
- Ability to understand team needs and adjust workloads as needed
- History of collaborating with peers across domains to scale current solutions
- Use of data to make informed decisions
- Expertise leading in an agile-based development environment
- Substantial experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best practices in an engineering organization
- Experience managing projects within specific schedule and cost structures.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
VP Engineering Desired Experience:
- Experience building hosting and email platforms.
- Management of infrastructure platforms