Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
VP of Product Strategy/Solutions
5301 Maryland Way Nashville, TN 37027
VP of Product Strategy
We are seeking an experienced leader to develop and grow our A/P automation solutions portfolio focused on small and midsized companies. We estimate this is a large segment that is underserved and presents a unique opportunity in the marketplace. Given the massive opportunity, we are looking for a strong product and strategy leader who can propel this business to a leadership position through a deep understanding of customer needs, innovation, and distinctive business models.
- Owning accountability from planning through execution for full A/P automation products in the small and midsize segment
- Delivering on short term and long term goals of the business
- Designing and implementing the go-to-market strategy, including developing plans to enable and scale sales through direct and channel strategies
- Identifying, evaluating and managing partnership opportunities to accelerate the growth of the business by enhancing product value proposition, leveraging cross-sell opportunities and/or expanding distribution of our products.
- Identifying, defining and delivering a best in class, innovative product offering.
- Defining and executing on pricing strategies
- Managing ongoing product marketing including positioning, messaging, periodic promotions, and supporting collateral. Collaborating with sales, marketing and customer service teams to ensure successful delivery of product marketing.
- Leading matrixed, cross-functional teams (including IT, Operations, Sales, and Credit) to quickly pilot products into market. Ongoing monitoring of performance & feedback to drive iterative enhancements and successfully move from pilot to roll-out.
- Improving customer retention to convert a higher share of our sales efforts to sustained revenue.
- Making business decisions to grow the business in the context of competitive factors, market demand, industry trends and developments in FinTech, customer analysis, risk management, program economics, strategic fit, and operational complexity.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree from a 4-year college or university with MBA preferred. Quantitative/analytical degree preferred or related experience.
- 10+ plus years of experience in a combination of product development, product marketing, and/or strategy consulting roles required. FinTech experience a plus
- Experience in payments, SAAS financial solutions, Credit Cards, FinTech, or Strategy Consulting and a balance of experience at both large and small companies a plus.
- Experience in building and growing services targeted at small and midsized companies
- Ambitious and resourceful; results oriented; highly innovative. Focused on business value creation through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs.
- Energetic, positive, straightforward, collaborative and non-political personality and leadership style, with strong influence, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Effective executor; pivots well from ideation to rapid-cycle implementation. Thrives in less structured environment that values speed-to-market over perfection.