12808 Gran Bay Parkway West
Job Number: 1529
The Triage “ System Administrator I” staff will work in a fast paced, metrics driven environment. Prioritization of issues based on alert notices, ticketing and change management is the focus of the job. Ability to follow detailed documentation is key for documented tasks. Intermediate level troubleshooting skills are required for assessing situations.
The successful candidate will have a solid working knowledge of Windows Server (2003 through 2016) and Linux (primarily RHEL but also Gentoo, Solaris and others). An understanding of hardware, virtualization (vsphere), load balancing, DNS, IIS, Apache, email, Active Directory would all be helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to follow documented implementation processes, escalation processes and prioritization processes.
- Ability to function in a metrics driven environment based on tickets and change control tasks.
- Ability to follow documentation, improve on existing documentation and write documentation as required.
- Perform administration of Unix/Apache and/or Microsoft/IIS based machines in a large multi-domain environment.
- Knowledge of UNIX and Microsoft commands/utilities including but not limited to Apache, IIS, FTP, telnet, ssh, SMTP, POP, IMAP.
- Familiarity with some Active Directory would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with Linux tools, group membership management and basic security would be helpful.
- Able to work with networked/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to appropriately work with elevated accounts when needed.
- Serve as liaison and main point of contact during incidents, follow (and lead) set troubleshooting and escalation procedures.