Search IT & Business Jobs
Search by job category, location, or keywords. Register to apply for a position. You can also save a search to be notified by email of new jobs as they are posted.
Windows System Administrator (Operations)
5445 Triangle Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30092
WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (OPERATIONS)
Windows System Administrator Summary:
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for assisting Senior Engineers and management with daily administration across a range of technologies including Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, server and desktop virtualization, enterprise messaging, and datacenter upkeep. Provides oversight and tracking of support tickets, ensuring that issues and requests are resolved in a timely manner.
Windows System Administrator Job Description:
- Serve as a capable " front line" for internal support requests.
- Monitor and maintain Software Platforms: Windows 2008 - 2016 Server, Active Directory
- Monitor and maintain hardware Platforms: HP Proliant, HP Blade Systems, Dell PowerEdge
- Work with Operations Department, Database Management, and Product Development teams for technical matters and problem resolution of any client issues
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as required.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows and VMware operating systems on physical and virtual environments.
- Monitor the environment for performance and stability issues to meet Service Level Objectives.
- Maintain current system patching levels.
- Consult with infrastructure operations, development personnel, and support teams to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Follow internal procedures for change management, incident management, and escalation. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. Other responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Windows System Administrator Requirements and Skills
- Must have 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of server hardware, TCP/IP protocol, DHCP, DNS, file sharing, etc.
- Knowledge of SAN-based server environments and Windows Client/Server technologies
- Ability to prioritize a variety of duties and work requests based on business need and SLA' s
- Highly organized with the ability to follow through on requests with moderate supervision
- Ability to document procedures simply and accurately
- Team work - must be capable of working well with others in a team environment and in high pressure situations.
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- General server Hardware Knowledge
- Supervision of other personnel not required in this position.
Windows System Administrator Education/Experience/Degree Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor’ s degree preferred, technical education or equivalent experience in the IT Industry with at least 3-5 years’ experience.